Inktober 2024

Digital art that isn't pixel art.
humanfinny
global moderator

Inktober 2024

Post by humanfinny »

Hey everyone, who's doing Inktober this year? All 31 days? Half? One a week?
I thought those of us participating in anyway in the event could congregate here to chat and post our work. I don't post my art anywhere but my site so I thought it would be nice to have a place to share it with you and to also enjoy everyone's labours of October. I personally will be following the Cringetober prompts this year as I did not get a chance last year and just feel like really embracing something goofy even if a lot of people think it's lame and cringe. Also I realize it's only the 19th of September but I cannot control myself when it comes to art events and get overexcited lol. My b. Best of luck to all partakers!
ImageImageImage
lovesick

Re: Inktober 2024

Post by lovesick »

What a good thread idea!! :D Every year since like 2017 I try to participate but always get too burnt out to do the whole 31 days. I'm still waiting to see a prompt list I really like (maybe I will make my own! something like OCtober since the only thing I care to draw nowadays is my ocs :eek:) but I plan on doing at least two weeks this year. I hadn't seen the Cringetober prompts from last year..I just googled them and they seem fun! Heterochromia? Self-insert? Glomping? Love it, I might steal some of those for myself :P

I can't wait to see the fruits of everyone's labor!
ImageImage
are you feeling lovesick?
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

lovesick wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:33 pm What a good thread idea!! :D Every year since like 2017 I try to participate but always get too burnt out to do the whole 31 days. I'm still waiting to see a prompt list I really like (maybe I will make my own! something like OCtober since the only thing I care to draw nowadays is my ocs :eek:) but I plan on doing at least two weeks this year. I hadn't seen the Cringetober prompts from last year..I just googled them and they seem fun! Heterochromia? Self-insert? Glomping? Love it, I might steal some of those for myself :P

I can't wait to see the fruits of everyone's labor!
yes i i have yet to do all 31 days, the most i got to was 28. OCtober sounds great, please do share if you end up making a list of prompts and feel like sharing :wuv: i can relate becuz i think most of my art will be OC-related too haha. Yes cringetober is fun as heck, i can't even pick a favourite prompt... maybe dead meme? candygore? lol lots of good ones
ImageImageImage
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

btw here is the prompt list i will be following:
ImageImageImage
lovesick

Post by lovesick »

super late reply, but thank you for sharing that prompt list! it looks really fun, i have my eye on a few already ;) i wish i had more time and energy to do multiple lists tbh. there are lots of good prompts i'm seeing lately!

i did end up making a prompt list and i'm going to make a quick webpage for it and my drawings today (hopefully) time goes by so fast, it's hard to believe it's almost october already :cry:

my list isnt anything groundbreaking...it's 100% self indulgent! i cant even guarantee i will do most of them even though i made the list myself LOL
ImageImage
are you feeling lovesick?
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

lovesick wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:22 pm super late reply, but thank you for sharing that prompt list! it looks really fun, i have my eye on a few already ;) i wish i had more time and energy to do multiple lists tbh. there are lots of good prompts i'm seeing lately!

i did end up making a prompt list and i'm going to make a quick webpage for it and my drawings today (hopefully) time goes by so fast, it's hard to believe it's almost october already :cry:

spoiler!
my list isnt anything groundbreaking...it's 100% self indulgent! i cant even guarantee i will do most of them even though i made the list myself LOL
hey these are awesome and :wuv: :wuv: :wuv: !! wah the prompt list itself is so cute. im excited to see what you will draw this October and to see the webpage!! self-indulgent is the way to go, if your art doesn't make you happy than whats the point? i also cannot believe September is about to end, it just breezed past us :cry: :cry: :cry: ...
ImageImageImage
AngelEyeSprings

Post by AngelEyeSprings »

I thought about doing Inktober... BUTTT I'm going to be doing something called the 3-Month Improvement Plan / PCDA Cycle instead where I'm essentially trying to analyze and improve my art...
Here’s my gallery page with a quick little blurb about it. Hope it works :cry: I'm trying to study animu style faces hahahaha

Btw pls don't get burnt out, anyone who does Inktober!! Both you and I know how dangerous these art challenges are in practice :eek:
lovesick wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:22 pm super late reply, but thank you for sharing that prompt list! it looks really fun, i have my eye on a few already ;) i wish i had more time and energy to do multiple lists tbh. there are lots of good prompts i'm seeing lately!

Lapin I LOVE how fun this prompt list with the OCs and the vibes! I can't wait to see what you cook up! I can see this prompt list being stolen!!
「ふうん、ニンゲンにしてはなかなかやるじゃない。…まなつ。」
「へへっ! ローラもめっちゃトロピカってる!」
「あたりまえでしょ。だって、私人魚だもの」
「もーっと一緒にトロピカってこー!」

ImageImage
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

AngelEyeSprings wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:10 am I thought about doing Inktober... BUTTT I'm going to be doing something called the 3-Month Improvement Plan / PCDA Cycle instead where I'm essentially trying to analyze and improve my art...
Here’s my gallery page with a quick little blurb about it. Hope it works :cry: I'm trying to study animu style faces hahahaha

Btw pls don't get burnt out, anyone who does Inktober!! Both you and I know how dangerous these art challenges are in practice :eek:
I actually just read about this cycle on your site the other day! it sounds like a great plan, feel free to post here during october if u want as well even if its not exactly inktober related, who cares, this can be our general art thread where we can keep up with each other's works next month. but you are totally right about the hazards of art challenges! i hope we all keep it pretty casual here and only finish what we can, there is really no need make this is a struggle (tho i usually do haha :eek: ...)
ImageImageImage
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

Day 1: I cheated a bit and decided to do the second prompt instead of the first. No matter what I was sketching I couldn't get a screenshot redraw to come out to my satisfaction so I decided I'd come back to it later. This is a character from a web comic Ive been working on for a while called Aidan Katz and is the most tsundere-ish that I've got. I'm trying a faster and simpler style in general but I'm not sure how good it's looking atm... really leaning into the emo of it all.

How's everyone else feeling?

ImageImageImage
mima

Post by mima »

He looks very tsundere! I like the grain texture on the art. It looks great!