Stationery collections

Do you collect virtual pets? old cell phones? sea shells? fortunes? share with the class!
hat

Stationery collections

Post by hat »

Please post your pen and paper sins here. Don't lie. We all know you bought too much.

My fountain pen collection. I only have 2 inks (thank god) and the violet ink is the entire reason I ever bought any fountain pens.
My pink Safari is my favorite after cracking my kakuno. I cracked my preppies too. Don't let me borrow your pen.

And my ballpoint collection. I don't enjoy using them but I can't pass them up when I find nice ones for nearly free. The last 4 are made by my great uncle.
mima

Re: Stationery collections

Post by mima »

Your last four ballpoint pens are extremely pretty. I don't think we can ever have too many pens, both fountain and ballpoint!

I have a lot of shitty stationery items like rarely-used highlighters and even a few Faber-Castell colouring pencils? My favourite out of all of my items has to be my trusty Casio fx-9750GII calculator. But those are all a little boring! Here's the only moderately interesting stuff I have:

I got the pen from my local Daiso. It is 0.6mm black ballpoint. I like how you can see the ink decreasing. There are also markings on the ink case that tell you how many metres are left to write. The pen shown has 5400m left; another pen that is the exact same has 6000m left.

I got the notebook from a local dollar store (except it was more like $2.50). It's very cute and the edges of the paper form a similar geometric pattern. I take it with me when I'm going out and want to write down my thoughts in the moment.

I got the handwriting washi tape from my sister since it was her least favourite, and bought the cat washi tape from a local cat rescue. The latter is my favourite and I'm always hesitant to use strips in fear of using it up! I have a long way to go before that happens though!
celestefem

Post by celestefem »

oh, hat, your pens are very cute!

i don’t have any fountain pens, but i’ve been thinking about getting one for a long time…

i make my own journals, though! (and as a result, have an embarrassing hoard of scrapbook paper pads under my desk and rolls of paper & book cloth tucked in the corner) here are the ones i’ve used so far :3
i can’t decide if i like the one with the eyes more or the fish… and there are a lot of others i’ve made that i’m super proud of, but i’ve been selling them so i don’t have them on me..

also, here’s my collection of washi tapes:
i have a bunch of other stickers and cute memo sheets and stuff, too, but i’m too lazy to dig any of it out… excited to see what types of stuff other people have, though!
Last edited by celestefem on Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
hat

Post by hat »

Mima, your writing distance pen better not crap out before it gets to 0!! I wanna see it go!!!

celestefem, I love your goldfish notebook!! It's so pretty!! I just found your page on binding and it's so cool *____* I really like pink bees and rococo dreams.
I'll have to try it one of these days after visiting my mom's paper collection.
floral-tears

Post by floral-tears »

Wow everybody has such cute stuff <3
Celestefem, your journals are great! I had a brief stint in binding my own sketchbooks, and while they're usable...they left a lot to be desired visually LOL

I have too much stuff, but here's a selection of my current favorite/most used items:
The washi tapes are fruit and bread print. The glue stick is scented like those chocolate cones which is cute and DOES smell good...but I don't know how I feel about encouraging sniffing glue.
00000 throw1 .PNG
00000 throw1 .PNG (12.92 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
This is the design of the frixion stamp (almost out of ink :cry: )
hors

Post by hors »

celestefem wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:21 am i make my own journals, though! (and as a result, have an embarrassing hoard of scrapbook paper pads under my desk and rolls of paper & book cloth tucked in the corner) here are the ones i’ve used so far :3
These journals are beautiful! I really like the koi fish. Do you use normal fabric and prepare your own book cloth or do you just buy book cloth? And how are they bound? Do you have any photos of your proudest? I want to see them!!! And a very nice and practical collection of washi tape. Simple solids and geometric ones are easiest to use but my weakness is really the colorful thematic ones ;_;

floral-tears wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:52 pm I have too much stuff, but here's a selection of my current favorite/most used items:
The washi tapes are fruit and bread print. The glue stick is scented like those chocolate cones which is cute and DOES smell good...but I don't know how I feel about encouraging sniffing glue.
It's probably ok to sniff glue if it's scented right?! The front pocket on your pen case is so cute, I think you picked good colors! It's too bad your frixion stamp is almost out of ink but I understand how this one could be used a lot lol It looks very versatile. Very cute collection! I'm curious about the rest!

Here is most of my hoard. Paper goods go in a 6-ring floppy binder, and everything else in a toolbox. I like to try everything so most if it does get used, though some of my letter sets are about 10 years old by now. Stamps get used the least, fountain pens get used the most, with washi tape as a close second.
celestefem

Post by celestefem »

thanks, everyone! <3

hat, you definitely should try bookbinding, it’s a lot of fun!

also, floral-tears, those sticky notes / flags are adorable!
hors wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:23 am
celestefem wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:21 am i make my own journals, though! (and as a result, have an embarrassing hoard of scrapbook paper pads under my desk and rolls of paper & book cloth tucked in the corner) here are the ones i’ve used so far :3
These journals are beautiful! I really like the koi fish. Do you use normal fabric and prepare your own book cloth or do you just buy book cloth? And how are they bound? Do you have any photos of your proudest? I want to see them!!! And a very nice and practical collection of washi tape. Simple solids and geometric ones are easiest to use but my weakness is really the colorful thematic ones ;_;
thanks! i have a lot of cute fabric stashed around because my mom used to be really into sewing and i’ve been meaning to make my own bookcloth from it, but so far i’ve just been buying it. the three on the left are sewn board bindings, while the two on the right are bradel bindings. functionally, i prefer the sewn board bindings, honestly — they lay flat better.

i have a website just to show off bookbinding projects, actually! it’s hard to choose, but i’m especially fond of the ones i called “rococo dreams” and “winter nights.” and the foresty coptic. and several more, lol. it really does just give you a rush of dopamine to be able to pick up something you made and be like… wow, i made this.

yeah, i normally use washi tape for, like, organizing and color coding things, so i kinda prefer to keep it simple. i do really like the ones with cute little designs and patterns, though!
hors

Post by hors »

celestefem wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:15 am i have a website just to show off bookbinding projects, actually! it’s hard to choose, but i’m especially fond of the ones i called “rococo dreams” and “winter nights.” and the foresty coptic. and several more, lol. it really does just give you a rush of dopamine to be able to pick up something you made and be like… wow, i made this.
I can't believe I missed this link on your site. Really good work, especially the foresty coptic one!! I used to bookbind a few years ago but I ran out of materials and stopped after that. I always liked making smaller books since I always failed at keeping the pages even lol But yours look so nice and neat! It definitely feels good to use something you made with your own two hands. Thank you for sharing!
floral-tears

Post by floral-tears »

hors wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:23 am The front pocket on your pen case is so cute, I think you picked good colors!
Thanks! I used to have a very (for me) involved planner system and those colors were my different categories. They stay on the outside now because they're cute lol! Also I'm curious what those dual-tipped pens in your box are, with the beige barrel?

For everyone; what's one thing in your collection that will be an instant-replace the second it's done, and what's one thing that you will be ~so~ thankful to finally use up?

For me, I love my pink Pentel RSVP (in my photo above.) In highschool I used to take notes with that Bic multi pen that had pink/purple/turquoise/lime green ink, and having a pink everyday ballpoint again makes me so happy lol.

I feel awful saying this one because 90% of them were gifts, but I have way too many alcohol-based markers. I got a giant pack of Sharpies for christmas last year, I have a pack of Bic Mark-Its still in use from 2009. Plus I have a collection of art markers of varying quality. I love them all in theory but I struggle a lot to use them often enough to justify all the drawer space they take up :cry: Especially because I personally don't like them as stationery items, so they mostly end up being used to color little things in sketchbooks very occasionally. I must remind myself to reach for them more 💪💢