Toys from The 90s and 2000s

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
NinAcTi0N

Re: Toys from The 90s and 2000s

Post by NinAcTi0N »

Robyn wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:28 pm Image
Oh my gosh, I think I remember this one! I had one that was purple and was berry-scented lol, most of my classmates were collecting them at the time... around 2011-2012? I know they're probably older than that, but got brought back x]
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

A long, long time ago, I had both of these sets. Each came with a doll, and each piece of 'furniture' folded out into a mini playset. The grandfather clock became a bowling alley and the stove became a pizza restaurant. I adored these sets and honestly wouldn't mind replacing them someday if I can find them in decent condition.

Image Image Image

Also this was the Krystal Princess I had! I so loved that she had her own glitter globe to be stored in. :D

Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
Vencake

Post by Vencake »

CooperationIsKey wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:07 am [...]
I'm obsessed with everyday items as toys! I especially love the bowling/clock one. Reminds me of the Polly Pockets I used to have. Although I don't know about you, I never carried them around - I just played with them at home :lol:
ImageImageImage

Necro

Post by Necro »

I FOUND IT, I FINALLY FOUND IT!

I used to have this toy pony when I was a child but I never managed to ever find it again for sale until last month because I could not recall the brand or the franchise

Finally here it is: Keenway's My Princess Pony on all of its glory ;A;

celestefem

Post by celestefem »

for some reason, i very distinctly remember this doll:
also, the pokemon scratch off cards are very near and dear to my heart <3

edit: oh, i couldn’t really find much online about them, actually. does anyone else remember these??
Karin

Post by Karin »

hat wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:08 am Image
My G3 ponies never made it to the basement but I amassed a good number of them. Also some G1 hand me downs from my older cousins.
I was a huge My Little Pony fan as a kid! I had a million of the G1 ponies + the Dream Castle and the Stable and a bunch of other sets too. MLP were the only toys I played with :lol: Still have a decent collection in a box in the garage. Should probably clean them up and display them somewhere.
Image Image
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

celestefem wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:48 am for some reason, i very distinctly remember this doll:

This reminded me of a Barbie set I had in the early 90s; it was an ice cream maker where the little ice cream bowls doubled as chairs and table for the barbie dolls, it was funky!

This one appears to be missing one of the cup/chair pieces, but you get the idea. :)

I haven't a clue what happened to that thing; I don't remember having it in later years but I had a ton of Barbies so who knows.
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
velvetdrapes

Post by velvetdrapes »

Oh I remember having these bratz babies when I was younger, unfortunately I forgot which specific ones I actually had. I think one of them had pigtails. I remember them having molded hair, but didn't know the exact doll.

This photo isn't mine, it's from this original pin https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/6473993209252573/
I don't know signatures work so this is temporary until I figure it out-
velvetdrapes

Post by velvetdrapes »

CooperationIsKey wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:34 pm
Oh! I also really want to get one of these eventually; I never owned one myself but my preschool had one in the playroom and I was fascinated. I want one now to transform it into a Sea Monkey tank, lmao. Again I guess the decade isn't quite right but it's one of my childhood toy memories anyway. XD

OH! I love those things, they really scratch a part of my brain's itch. They're a great fidget toy for me lmaoo
I don't know signatures work so this is temporary until I figure it out-
MoonMoth

Post by MoonMoth »

I have vivid memories of the Wowee series of robotic toys. They were so unsettling (especially the RoboSapien) but I wanted them all lol.

In terms of those I owned:

The original RoboSapien (Mini Version which simply walked forwards and had glowing eyes. The claws were spring-loaded and could be moved with the buttons on the arms)

The RoboPet! (Full Version with its wide array of abilities able to be performed with the use of its remote)

The RoboReptile! (McDonalds collectible figurine. Its limbs could be manipulated to a small degree and its jaw could be opened too)