Toys from The 90s and 2000s

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
Robyn
Site Admin

Toys from The 90s and 2000s

Post by Robyn »

I love looking at pictures of toys that I owned as a child. It's really hard not to buy them sometimes. Currently looking at that fairy winkles swan on Etsy. Don't need it. Anyway, what toys did you have/want or just have vivid memories about from the 90s and 2000s? Post pics please.

Image Image
CooperationIsKey

Re: Toys from The 90s and 2000s

Post by CooperationIsKey »

I had one or two of those dolls in the domes, I loved that!

I go down rabbit holes of looking at old toys every so often and yeah it is so hard not to buy it all, lol.

One I really want to replace is one that was actually my mom's, that she handed down to me. I'm still heartbroken to have lost her in one of my many moves. She's a Beddy-Bye Biddle? I think? Not really the 90s/00s though; I think she's from the 60s originally.

Oh! I also really want to get one of these eventually; I never owned one myself but my preschool had one in the playroom and I was fascinated. I want one now to transform it into a Sea Monkey tank, lmao. Again I guess the decade isn't quite right but it's one of my childhood toy memories anyway. XD

Last edited by CooperationIsKey on Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
mima

Post by mima »

That teapot reminded me of the toy kitchen set I used to have as a kid. I can't find images of the exact one I had but they looked like this.

Can't say I'm as much of a good cook as I was back then though!
Last edited by mima on Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hat

Post by hat »

I have that "lake" under the swan in that photo and I have been wondering what the heck it went to forever!!

My mom didn't get rid of any of my childhood toys so her basement is full of them. I've been sorting through it slowly over the last few years every time I visit her. Here's a couple highlights:

I haven't played neopets in nearly 20 years but I sure was a little addict back then.

Some electronic pets that weren't furby.

MyScene Madison! I went looking for my prettiest Barbie in the Barbie pile to wear this dress and it turned out not to be a Barbie at all. Check out Nolee's mix! I still have the disc and I listened to it a ton as a kid.

My G3 ponies never made it to the basement but I amassed a good number of them. Also some G1 hand me downs from my older cousins.
kupus

Post by kupus »

I still have my Bratz collection. There's around 20 dolls in total, these 4 being my favourites!
20231004_122759.jpg
20231004_122759.jpg (75.81 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
The first one is Class Cloe, World Twiins Nevaeh, Pampered Petz Cloe and Midnight Dance Fiana! Most of the dolls I own are from 2005-2007 from what I've noticed. They're all uhh pretty well played with but none are really ruined except for the clothes being a bit torn or dirty in some spots. I should wash that Cloe's school uniform though it's straight up yellow :cry:

My parents were actually never big on toys so we never had many (especially toys that were popular at the time) but both me and my sister managed to squeeze out a Bratz doll for every birthday, Christmas or any other special occasion. And they were damn expensive in my country at the time so we pretty much didn't get any other gifts lmao.
Necro

Post by Necro »

Robyn wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:28 pm Image
What is thiiiis? It's so pretty!

I collect a lil bit of everything, from the 90s and 2000s I mostly collect disney dolls and toys, bluebird polly pocket and some barbies.
These were my latest purchases:

PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

CooperationIsKey wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:34 pm
Oh! I also really want to get one of these eventually; I never owned one myself but my preschool had one in the playroom and I was fascinated. I want one now to transform it into a Sea Monkey tank, lmao. Again I guess the decade isn't quite right but it's one of my childhood toy memories anyway. XD

We had one of these float around the office at my last job. Such a fun little fidget toy to play with while talking to miserable customers on the phone lol.
Image Image
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

PAINTKILLER wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:49 pm We had one of these float around the office at my last job. Such a fun little fidget toy to play with while talking to miserable customers on the phone lol.
Lol, I'll bet. The crazy thing is they go for like $40-$70 dollars now on ebay! Even when they're not mint! I'm hoping I"ll spot one at a garage sale sometime.
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

CooperationIsKey wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:08 pm The crazy thing is they go for like $40-$70 dollars now on ebay! Even when they're not mint!
/me picks jaw up off the floor
Image Image
Robyn
Site Admin

Post by Robyn »

Necro wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:30 pm
Robyn wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:28 pm Image
What is thiiiis? It's so pretty!

I collect a lil bit of everything, from the 90s and 2000s I mostly collect disney dolls and toys, bluebird polly pocket and some barbies.
These were my latest purchases:

It's fairy winkles!

I think I had that lion king toy too. God, I love this thread so much.
Image Image