perler beads

Paintings, drawings, arts, crafts.. if it's not digital, it goes here.
Robyn
Site Admin

perler beads

Post by Robyn »

Before I returned to making pixel art, I went through a period of time where I made a ton of stuff with perler beads. Now that I've been making pixel art again, I'd like to re-visit the perlers and bring some of my own art to life. Has anyone else used perler beads as an adult? I'd love to see pictures!

Here are some of my creations:

Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image
celestefem

Re: perler beads

Post by celestefem »

oh, i’ve never seen 3d perler beads before, that’s so cool! i really love the bunny with the wreath!
mima

Post by mima »

Wow this unlocked memories. I used to really want to use perler beads as a kid! I also really like the bunny wreath, it's very cute! All your creations in the first photo are very detailed.
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

I never got into perler beads but I've always thought they were neat. A friend of mine has done some big like portrait style pieces with them! I did actually recently buy an iron... 🤔
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

Oh wow, wonderful work! It's like real life pixel art, would be cool to see you go back to them after getting back into pixel art in earnest, for sure. I bet they'd be amazing.
Image Image
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

Oh wow, I remember perler beads! They're fantastic, I was fascinated by them back in my pixel art phase... and your pieces look amazing with it too! I commend you for the patience in making real life pixels ^^
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image