Physical Virtual Pets

Do you collect virtual pets? old cell phones? sea shells? fortunes? share with the class!
cinni

Physical Virtual Pets

Post by cinni »

I wanted to start a thread on vpets of the physical type! think tamagotchi, digimon (which first started as tamagotchi for boys), gigapets or other oddpets (Oddpets are anything not tamagotchi/digimon - i would even count the flipper zero/pwnagotchi)! I have always loved virtual pets, and as a kid i had the salem the cat giga pet, which is highly sought after now ;; (wish i still had my original pet but i have no idea where it is now!)

Of course now on the second hand market it is very expensive, but the salem gigapet has been logged into my childhood brain like no other. fast forward to the year 2023 and the release of the tamagotchi uni, i decided to purchase it after passing on the tamagotchi pix and the touch screen buttons, and i fell back into the vpet rabbit hole and quickly expanded my collection XD i don't have a current picture of my collection, but i want to share it soon! right now my collection consists of:

- tamagotchi uni pink (2023)
- tamagotchi V4.5 uratama Rainbow Shell
- tamagotchi V4.5 uratama Party Shell
- tamagotchi V4 entama Choi Mametchi Shell
- tamagotchi angelgotchi (blue)
- tamagotchi angelgotchi (pink with new icons)
- tamagotchi school V1 Pink Plaid Shell
- tamagotchi all-white pearlescent Ketai Akai (v3)

Oddpets:

- micalun & devitan white pearlescent shell
- kero kero keroppi vpet pink shell
- angelscope pink
- angelscope blue
- teku teku angel OG (white)
- teku teku angel "due" (clear green)
- pocket hello kitty

I have some more waiting in a proxy order atm, but i'll update my collection later on :eyes:

Anywho, which vpets are yall into? Or would like to get? share anything vpet related here! : D I would love to someday release my own vpet similar to the tamagotchi, but it's very much just a dream at the moment lol.
humanfinny

Re: Physical Virtual Pets

Post by humanfinny »

i regret losing my tamagotchi so much, i think mine was the connection v3 circa 2006. your collection is so cute!! i wish physical virtual pets could make a comeback. i really like the look of the new tamas but no way could i afford any :(
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

I don't think I've owned Tamagotchis or physical virtual pets- though I remember playing a microjava game (those that were made for cell phones with keyboards back in the day) where I was taking care of an aquarium! It was tricky, cause you needed to take care of the fish in the right amounts. Too much or too little would make them die xP
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
Robyn
Site Admin

Post by Robyn »

cinni wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:16 am I wanted to start a thread on vpets of the physical type! think tamagotchi, digimon (which first started as tamagotchi for boys), gigapets or other oddpets (Oddpets are anything not tamagotchi/digimon - i would even count the flipper zero/pwnagotchi)! I have always loved virtual pets, and as a kid i had the salem the cat giga pet, which is highly sought after now ;; (wish i still had my original pet but i have no idea where it is now!)

Of course now on the second hand market it is very expensive, but the salem gigapet has been logged into my childhood brain like no other. fast forward to the year 2023 and the release of the tamagotchi uni, i decided to purchase it after passing on the tamagotchi pix and the touch screen buttons, and i fell back into the vpet rabbit hole and quickly expanded my collection XD i don't have a current picture of my collection, but i want to share it soon!
Omg the salem gigapet. I totally forgot about that one! Also - If you made a vpet I would totally buy one. <3

I have a few tamas:
  • pix
  • meets
  • angel
  • original
The pix is my favorite but I haven't played with it much since I got my puppy a few months ago.

The meets was mostly an impulse buy, I wanted to get an On but didn't want to pay over $200 for it. Maybe I'll get one eventually!
Image Image
Image Image
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

Robyn wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:35 pm
Omg the salem gigapet. I totally forgot about that one! Also - If you made a vpet I would totally buy one. <3

I have a few tamas:
  • pix
  • meets
  • angel
  • original
The pix is my favorite but I haven't played with it much since I got my puppy a few months ago.

The meets was mostly an impulse buy, I wanted to get an On but didn't want to pay over $200 for it. Maybe I'll get one eventually!
Image Image
omg they are so cute....
ImageImageImage
ImageImage