Nintendo DS Nostalgia

What games are you playing? video games, board games, card games, internet games?
NinAcTi0N

Nintendo DS Nostalgia

Post by NinAcTi0N »

If I didn't have a Nintendo DS, I have no doubt my childhood would've been different... specially cause I would've missed on so much fun :']

Even up to this day, I still go back and revisit some oldies- Mario Party DS, Spore Creatures, Super Scribblenauts, The Sims 2 DS, Nintendogs... heck, even a drawing program called Colors! No matter the mood I'm into, I always fall back into them <3

Beyond the nostalgia, I also use it to compose music (not as much as before, which was enough to spawn an album lol), and also to animate (Flipnote Studio ftw!) And as of now, I'm actually looking forward to getting some other ROMs too, such as Viva Piñata and Rhythm Heaven! ★

How about you peeps? Do any of you share the same nostalgia? Or do you have any other consoles that hit similar to you?
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
jeji

Re: Nintendo DS Nostalgia

Post by jeji »

Let's just say, the DS is nostalgia material. :)
Some of my favourite games has to be Rhythm Heaven and Nintendogs as well.
I really loved Rhythm Heaven so much, i managed to get all perfects! :shock:
My website: http://jeji.neocities.org :D
(Must contain knowledge of the Korean language lol)
celestefem

Post by celestefem »

oh, yeah, i loved the ds (and dsi) a lot, also! i really remember liking the racquetball (?) minigame in my sims. i also had a little display room in one of my houses to show off cool rocks, lol. pokemon ranger and mystery dungeon were also a lot of fun!

besides the games themselves, i also put a ton of time into doodling on flipnote and pictochat.
hat

Post by hat »

I'm pretty sure Nintendo DS has my largest game collection at like 50 some games. I highly prefer the 3DS over it because it has backwards compatibility and analog stick. I don't touch any of my DS systems anymore even if I do pick up the games! I loved playing Pokemon and Ace Attorney on my DS ;____; Those days were so fun and I'm reliving Ace Attorney at least on my switch. The pixel graphics of the DS were much more soulful.

The PS2 has the highest nostalgia factor to me. I don't enjoy playing it though because the games have become pretty rough after recent improvements. Most of them are better left in my memory!
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

jeji wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:51 pm Let's just say, the DS is nostalgia material. :)
Some of my favourite games has to be Rhythm Heaven and Nintendogs as well.
I really loved Rhythm Heaven so much, i managed to get all perfects! :shock:
Ohoh, indeed! That nifty little console oozes 2000s vibes and I love it for that x] Also- mad respect for beating Rhythm Heaven with all perfects! I remember getting stuck on Rhythm Rally as a kid lol, though I still listen to the songs up to this day!! That's also why I wanna play it again :lol:

Image Image
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

celestefem wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:57 pm oh, yeah, i loved the ds (and dsi) a lot, also! i really remember liking the racquetball (?) minigame in my sims. i also had a little display room in one of my houses to show off cool rocks, lol. pokemon ranger and mystery dungeon were also a lot of fun!

besides the games themselves, i also put a ton of time into doodling on flipnote and pictochat.
Oh wow, I used to play My Sims a lot too!! I got quite addicted to the racquetball game too ^^ Everything was OK until my younger cousin reset my savefile and I had to start from scratch :'] It's all good now though!

Let's see- I remember really enjoying Tetris and Mario 64 there too... annnd I sadly never got around to using pictochat? Lol, I still wanna give it a shot with one of my friends! ★

Image Image
mala

Post by mala »

I found my DS recently then immediately lost it again and went off to college before I could find. I put all the old games from my childhood in a bag. My goal is to homebrew the DS so I can play anything (probably mostly going to be Cooking Mama)

I loved Cooking Mama, some Spyro Game, a Barbie game.. Sonic.. It's so long ago that it's difficult to remember. I didn't play a lot of the classic nintendo games because not many people in my family are super into nintendo outside of the consoles. Nowadays I am and I'm catching up on the catalogue very slowly :'D
Image Image
hors

Post by hors »

celestefem wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:57 pm oh, yeah, i loved the ds (and dsi) a lot, also! i really remember liking the racquetball (?) minigame in my sims. i also had a little display room in one of my houses to show off cool rocks, lol. pokemon ranger and mystery dungeon were also a lot of fun!
My Sims!!! also Pokemon Ranger completely wrecked the screen of my first DS lmao But it was worth it. I'm secretly hoping there's a chance it returns on Switch since joycons would be perfect for it I think.

I think a lot of best games are the ones that made good use of the stylus, like Rhythm Heaven and Cooking Mama too. Drawn to Life is one of my underrated favorites! I know some games required holding the DS vertically, like a book, but I can really only remember Anne's Doll Studio. I wonder why that never really took off, it wasn't uncomfortable or anything to hold it that way.
hat

Post by hat »

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 was another vertical DS game. Cute protag too *___*

There were some educational ones as well
Vencake

Post by Vencake »

hat wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:09 am Hotel Dusk: Room 215 was another vertical DS game. Cute protag too *___*

Had to bring back this classic iconic scene
ImageImageImage