What’s your favourite season?

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
jeji

What’s your favourite season?

Post by jeji »

For me, one of my favourite seasons has to be spring. :)
I enjoy spring because of the weather - it’s not warm but it’s not cold either :lol: and also, my birthday’s in spring.
(I’m a May baby) :P

Tell me what your favourite season is because I wanna know :!:
My website: http://jeji.neocities.org :D
(Must contain knowledge of the Korean language lol)
mima

Re: What’s your favourite season?

Post by mima »

My favourite season used to be winter because I loved staying warm inside and avoiding the cold. Now that winter has finished in my country, I'm not so sure! I might have to say autumn instead because it is also not too hot and not too cold. I like seeing the colours of trees slowly change too. We don't get enough leaves falling down to jump in them though.
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

Fall, hands down. Not too hot, not too cold, pumpkin spice everything, Halloween... I love it.

Though spring is fun too since all the bugs and other critters are super active which can be interesting!
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
kupus

Post by kupus »

It's hard to decide, I love dressing well in spring and autumn the most but I suffer from a severe lack of energy and will to live the moment the skies are cloudy and the temperatures fall below 12°C. During summer, no matter how sweaty and sticky I am I love being outside and cooling down in the river or the pool, or even the sea... It really depends from which aspect I approach this simple question :? . On the other hand I greatly enjoy freezing temperatures and snow, but the last time we had proper snow was almost a decade ago so winters are just wet, cold and disappointing.

I guess I'm going with summer since I feel full of life during that season!!
jeji

Post by jeji »

I like everyone's opinions about their favourite seasons :)
To be honest. I like all seasons but I prefer spring lol.
I like winter because it's mostly dry and sunny and sometimes snowy, but the weather gets horribly cold (like -15°C cold :o )
I don't really enjoy summer. I'm ok with it being very warm (I gone to Malta for my holiday once and the highest it went was like 41 degress there! :P ) but the thing is, my country experiences what's called a 'monsoon season' at summer.
For autumn or fall (whatever the hell you call it), it's great - the weather gets better, and there's Halloween!
Everywhere you go, it turns orange/red in autumn, and they are my favourite colors too! :D
malta.jpg
malta.jpg (66.68 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

WINTER! and I miss it so much. I had to move about a year ago from a place that could reach -50°C (sorry Americans I am bad at the math...) to a place that barely goes to -5°C. No snow!! Even when winter sucked, it sucked in a nice way. Maybe something in the DNA requires snow, I dont know, but Im craving it. I have some photos from a walk with my family:

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
celestefem

Post by celestefem »

oh, yeah, humanfinny, that’s a crazy change to go through!

where i live, it stays around -30C throughout most of february and the temperatures and wind chills have been getting more extreme, but we’ve also been getting less and less snow every year, which is a real bummer. in fact, all of our seasons have been kinda messed up lately, even just compared to when i was a kid…

my favorite season, though, would probably have to be spring. it’s just so pretty when everything starts to bloom! i have a lilac tree in my front yard and i look forward to seeing her flowers every year.
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

celestefem wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:51 pm oh, yeah, humanfinny, that’s a crazy change to go through!

where i live, it stays around -30C throughout most of february and the temperatures and wind chills have been getting more extreme, but we’ve also been getting less and less snow every year, which is a real bummer. in fact, all of our seasons have been kinda messed up lately, even just compared to when i was a kid…

my favorite season, though, would probably have to be spring. it’s just so pretty when everything starts to bloom! i have a lilac tree in my front yard and i look forward to seeing her flowers every year.
for real! tho -30 sounds like the ideal, cuz -50 was a lil extreme even for me haha. thats a shame about the change, I feel it more with the past years too. cant tell if the seasons really were more...um, season-y back then or we just became conscious of climate change when we got older. spring is awesome, and wow, a lilac tree... i love all purple plants, especially lavender.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
jeji

Post by jeji »

humanfinny wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:33 pm
celestefem wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:51 pm where i live, it stays around -30C throughout most of february and the temperatures and wind chills have been getting more extreme, but we’ve also been getting less and less snow every year, which is a real bummer. in fact, all of our seasons have been kinda messed up lately, even just compared to when i was a kid…
for real! tho -30 sounds like the ideal, cuz -50 was a lil extreme even for me haha. thats a shame about the change, I feel it more with the past years too. cant tell if the seasons really were more...um, season-y back then or we just became conscious of climate change when we got older. spring is awesome, and wow, a lilac tree... i love all purple plants, especially lavender.
I'd freeze to death! I'm not used to it being cold lol :o
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

For me, I'm a sucker for summer... even when it's very hot outside, there's nothing like fresh drinks, coconut water and ice cream to keep the cool x]

I personally don't like winter much because it gets very cold and dry where I live - just that dry breeze that's enough to make you sneeze - so I find it a little annoying. fall and spring are nice midterms here too, even if they aren't very noticeable!
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image