Assassin's Creed Odyssey

What games are you playing? video games, board games, card games, internet games?
PAINTKILLER

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Post by PAINTKILLER »

On my second playthrough of this brilliant work of art, I can't get enough of it, tbh. Playing on Xboxone. Even made a shrine for it. Anyone else love this thing as much as I do?
Image Image
humanfinny

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Post by humanfinny »

I was obsessed with AC in high school, played all the games, read the books and comics lol. My faves were Black Flag, 3, and Rogue. The last one I played was Syndicate, my PC would not run Odyssey I imagine haha tho it sounds like a lot of fun.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vencake

Post by Vencake »

My bf recently played the sandy one (sorry, I haven't played since Liberation LOL) and he loved the story and gameplay. I was surprised to see him do an FF crossover event in it!
ImageImageImage

PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

humanfinny wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:34 pm I was obsessed with AC in high school, played all the games, read the books and comics lol. My faves were Black Flag, 3, and Rogue. The last one I played was Syndicate, my PC would not run Odyssey I imagine haha tho it sounds like a lot of fun.
I play on Xboxone and am pretty disappointed to learn the new title, Mirage, isn't supported for Xmboxone - so I can identify with your PC likely not being able to support Odyssey and not being able to play it - it's pretty massive, like Origins and Valhalla (which are also both awesome, but Odyssey tops them both, IMO). I came waaaay late to the franchise and am kinda turned off by the lack of tru open world iin the titles prior to Origins, but they are gorgeous to look at!
Vencake wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:46 pm My bf recently played the sandy one (sorry, I haven't played since Liberation LOL) and he loved the story and gameplay. I was surprised to see him do an FF crossover event in it!
That's Origins, the first title in the franchise that I played. I hooked me, no question, and is just an amazing game. But yeah, Odyssey is my favorite. The FF crossover event was soooooo awesome tho!
Image Image
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

PAINTKILLER wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:18 pm
humanfinny wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:34 pm I was obsessed with AC in high school, played all the games, read the books and comics lol. My faves were Black Flag, 3, and Rogue. The last one I played was Syndicate, my PC would not run Odyssey I imagine haha tho it sounds like a lot of fun.
I play on Xboxone and am pretty disappointed to learn the new title, Mirage, isn't supported for Xmboxone - so I can identify with your PC likely not being able to support Odyssey and not being able to play it - it's pretty massive, like Origins and Valhalla (which are also both awesome, but Odyssey tops them both, IMO). I came waaaay late to the franchise and am kinda turned off by the lack of tru open world iin the titles prior to Origins, but they are gorgeous to look at!
urgh, that sucks. me and my brother used to have the 360 and it was a huge let down when they basically said no more AC games... or did they just stop making games for it? cant remember it was so long ago lol. i can see the appeal of a massive open world tbh but it also makes me nervous ahah, so the more limited maps of the prev games kind of work for me. but theres much less exploring thats for sure, except maybe black flag? big sea after all. and honestly i love the forest/frontier in the 3rd one.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

humanfinny wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:23 am urgh, that sucks. me and my brother used to have the 360 and it was a huge let down when they basically said no more AC games... or did they just stop making games for it? cant remember it was so long ago lol. i can see the appeal of a massive open world tbh but it also makes me nervous ahah, so the more limited maps of the prev games kind of work for me. but theres much less exploring thats for sure, except maybe black flag? big sea after all. and honestly i love the forest/frontier in the 3rd one.
Yeah, I was a little unnerved by being able to basically anywhere and climb like 95% of anything I saw on the screen, but I quickly fell in love with it now it's hard for me to play games that aren't open world, they feel too limiting lol. First world problems.
Image Image
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

PAINTKILLER wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:54 pm
humanfinny wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:23 am urgh, that sucks. me and my brother used to have the 360 and it was a huge let down when they basically said no more AC games... or did they just stop making games for it? cant remember it was so long ago lol. i can see the appeal of a massive open world tbh but it also makes me nervous ahah, so the more limited maps of the prev games kind of work for me. but theres much less exploring thats for sure, except maybe black flag? big sea after all. and honestly i love the forest/frontier in the 3rd one.
Yeah, I was a little unnerved by being able to basically anywhere and climb like 95% of anything I saw on the screen, but I quickly fell in love with it now it's hard for me to play games that aren't open world, they feel too limiting lol. First world problems.
hahah true true, first (open)world problems
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

humanfinny wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:54 pm
PAINTKILLER wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:54 pm
hahah true true, first (open)world problems
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image