Favorite fashion styles

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
pom
Site Admin

Re: Favorite fashion styles

Post by pom »

mala wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:30 am ...
This style is so cute!! i love it so much too, i love the big chunky boots especially! Very Mana-sama looking but more casual.
CooperationIsKey wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:11 am ...
I love rave wear too! I had a raver phase in my early 20s. It was fun trading kandi with people. I miss it a lot.

this pic is from back in those days lol

I love your mighty ducks vest! Did you make the patch? I ask cus I dont think I've ever seen an embroidered patch that big!
vulpix

Post by vulpix »

pom wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:51 pm Personally my everyday style is cozy girl swag 8-) lots of weird tshirts and tanktops and athleisure but I really do love so many fashion styles. i even have a huge fashion inspo folder on pinterest. i love weird shapes and lots of different textures and bright colors. I'm really nostalgic about 2000s Japanese street fashion. I have a few FRUiTS books I got in middle school that I still cherish today. Gyaru was always a really fun cute style in my opinion and I love Egg magazine. Its so bright and girly and summery. Other than that I'm really nostalgic for the og mallgoth look cus that was me in middle school lmfao

(lol this issue is from 2009 and it says e-girl in the top right corner)
Not a huge fan of athleisure, but I can totally see why one would want to dress for comfort > looks! Japanese street fashion is also fun even if it is not my style.
pom wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:51 pm What styles do you all like? dislike? any opinions are welcome.
My favorite styles are pretty much summed as vintage, floral, and elegant. I can't quite pin my style to an exact subculture/theme. Idk if that makes sense. I am sure there are names for the styles I like, but I am probably not aware. I guess you could say the style I like is whatever Axes Femme has going on. I religiously shop from them and they are my favorite brand. I buy from other stores, too, though.

Here are some examples of how I dress irl. I have a few outfits like these and I am saving up for more~

I also really love office chic! Love that professional look a lot.

I have this exact dress and bought it from Dear My Love <3

I think that the everyday clothes of Japanese women are so underrated too. They just seem so well-dressed even on normal days and I am trying so hard to emulate this look (rip wallet though):

While I'm at it, here are some of my recent consooms. Very excited to get them in the mail. Do I regret it? Kind of, but also no.

Whew.. Quite the tangent. I'm just very passionate about fashion. ^^;
Image Image Image
vulpix

Post by vulpix »

pom wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:43 am
I love rave wear too! I had a raver phase in my early 20s. It was fun trading kandi with people. I miss it a lot.

I love your mighty ducks vest! Did you make the patch? I ask cus I dont think I've ever seen an embroidered patch that big!
I love your kandi! I am too young to have had a serious rave phase (like in 2000s I mean), but I really love the music and am a massive scenie in my heart!
Image Image Image
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

vulpix wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:01 am I love your kandi! I am too young to have had a serious rave phase (like in 2000s I mean), but I really love the music and am a massive scenie in my heart!
Me too! My first rave I ever went to was DJ s3rl!
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

pom wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:43 am I love rave wear too! I had a raver phase in my early 20s. It was fun trading kandi with people. I miss it a lot.

[snip]

I've never even been to a rave (I was never a big partier) but I have a raver OC that is all about it, so I live vicariously a bit through her. XD Love the kandi! Do you still have any of it?

I actually recently bought some bits and bobs to make some simple kandi pieces to go with a FNAF-related cosplay I'm working on (Pizzaplex employee lol), but I haven't gotten around to actually making it.

Thanks! And no, I didn't make the patch, lol, I got it from ebay. ^^; I need to re-iron it and actually sew the corners down though, because it's already trying to escape. I figured it wouldn't stay forever but thought I'd at least make it more than a few wearings without it peeling off!

I actually have a few more (much more normal-sized) patches to add and some I'm hand-painting, which is kind of an experiment. I'm excited about it!
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

CooperationIsKey wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:19 am
pom wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:43 am I love rave wear too! I had a raver phase in my early 20s. It was fun trading kandi with people. I miss it a lot.

[snip]

I've never even been to a rave (I was never a big partier) but I have a raver OC that is all about it, so I live vicariously a bit through her. XD Love the kandi! Do you still have any of it?

I actually recently bought some bits and bobs to make some simple kandi pieces to go with a FNAF-related cosplay I'm working on (Pizzaplex employee lol), but I haven't gotten around to actually making it.

Thanks! And no, I didn't make the patch, lol, I got it from ebay. ^^; I need to re-iron it and actually sew the corners down though, because it's already trying to escape. I figured it wouldn't stay forever but thought I'd at least make it more than a few wearings without it peeling off!

I actually have a few more (much more normal-sized) patches to add and some I'm hand-painting, which is kind of an experiment. I'm excited about it!
I totally understand that lol. I'd love to see your raver oc!! (if you're cool with that :3) I have some of it! I'll post some pics when I dig it out. That's really cool though, I know people have those embroidery machines, it would be kinda fun to figure out how those work. maybe fabric glue the corners down then iron them so it like melts and sticks even better lol
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

vulpix wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:58 am
pom wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:51 pm Personally my everyday style is cozy girl swag 8-) lots of weird tshirts and tanktops and athleisure but I really do love so many fashion styles. i even have a huge fashion inspo folder on pinterest. i love weird shapes and lots of different textures and bright colors. I'm really nostalgic about 2000s Japanese street fashion. I have a few FRUiTS books I got in middle school that I still cherish today. Gyaru was always a really fun cute style in my opinion and I love Egg magazine. Its so bright and girly and summery. Other than that I'm really nostalgic for the og mallgoth look cus that was me in middle school lmfao

(lol this issue is from 2009 and it says e-girl in the top right corner)
Not a huge fan of athleisure, but I can totally see why one would want to dress for comfort > looks! Japanese street fashion is also fun even if it is not my style.
pom wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:51 pm What styles do you all like? dislike? any opinions are welcome.
My favorite styles are pretty much summed as vintage, floral, and elegant. I can't quite pin my style to an exact subculture/theme. Idk if that makes sense. I am sure there are names for the styles I like, but I am probably not aware. I guess you could say the style I like is whatever Axes Femme has going on. I religiously shop from them and they are my favorite brand. I buy from other stores, too, though.

Here are some examples of how I dress irl. I have a few outfits like these and I am saving up for more~

Whew.. Quite the tangent. I'm just very passionate about fashion. ^^;
I think there's ways to make it cute, girly and fun. comfort = style.
Last edited by pom on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mima

Post by mima »

You guys have very cool styles, especially Vixie! Very elegant indeed

I was in a "not-like-the-other-girls" phase for a lot of teenagehood and didn't develop any sense of style :| I'm slowly trying to find one now! I've always prioritised comfort over looks and I still do that with my everyday wear - you can never go wrong with sweatpants and a t-shirt if you're lounging around at home.

Lately I've been obsessed with trenchcoats - I love wearing mine and love them on other people. I currently have one grey trenchcoat similar to this, and I'm hoping in the future to get some in black and beige. Summer is nearing here though so this will have to be put to rest soon :cry:

Last year my favourite article was a black leather jacket :lol: I can't find a photo to accurately represent what it looks like, but it was non-collared, fairly plain, and cropped at the waist. On each side of the front zip, the hem made a small upside down triangle (even I can barely explain it!). I wore it a lot last year but I'm not sure if it's my style anymore. It is really cool though!

I've been thinking about getting a kind of beret cap as of late, sort of like this:

I'm not totally against a typical flat cap either. I'll try one on when I next go shopping and give you all a detailed report
Last edited by mima on Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

pom wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 am I totally understand that lol. I'd love to see your raver oc!! (if you're cool with that :3) I have some of it! I'll post some pics when I dig it out. That's really cool though, I know people have those embroidery machines, it would be kinda fun to figure out how those work. maybe fabric glue the corners down then iron them so it like melts and sticks even better lol
Oh sure! This is Natalie. I have a lot of fun with her design since her looks can vary so wildly.

I know someone with an embroidery machine; they're neat to watch (she streams it sometimes lol).

It's an iron-on patch to begin with! But I guess the iron-on part isn't great because it's not holding well. Or maybe I didn't hold the iron over it long enough, but I followed the directions, so idk.
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

mima wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:53 am You guys have very cool styles, especially Vixie! Very elegant indeed

I was in a "not-like-the-other-girls" phase for a lot of teenagehood and didn't develop any sense of style :| I'm slowly trying to find one now! I've always prioritised comfort over looks and I still do that with my everyday wear - you can never go wrong with sweatpants and a t-shirt if you're lounging around at home.

Lately I've been obsessed with trenchcoats - I love wearing mine and love them on other people. I currently have one grey trenchcoat similar to this, and I'm hoping in the future to get some in black and beige. Summer is nearing here though so this will have to be put to rest soon :cry:

Last year my favourite article was a black leather jacket :lol: I can't find a photo to accurately represent what it looks like, but it was non-collared, fairly plain, and cropped at the waist. On each side of the front zip, the hem made a small upside down triangle (even I can barely explain it!). I wore it a lot last year but I'm not sure if it's my style anymore. It is really cool though!

I've been thinking about getting a kind of beret cap as of late, sort of like this:

I'm not totally against a typical flat cap either. I'll try one on when I next go shopping and give you all a detailed report
I love this style. Trenchcoats and peacoats are so timeless. They have always been cool and always will be. I feel like its one of those articles of clothing you can buy once and it lasts forever.
CooperationIsKey wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:26 pm
pom wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 am I totally understand that lol. I'd love to see your raver oc!! (if you're cool with that :3) I have some of it! I'll post some pics when I dig it out. That's really cool though, I know people have those embroidery machines, it would be kinda fun to figure out how those work. maybe fabric glue the corners down then iron them so it like melts and sticks even better lol
Oh sure! This is Natalie. I have a lot of fun with her design since her looks can vary so wildly.

I know someone with an embroidery machine; they're neat to watch (she streams it sometimes lol).

It's an iron-on patch to begin with! But I guess the iron-on part isn't great because it's not holding well. Or maybe I didn't hold the iron over it long enough, but I followed the directions, so idk.
Ahhh! She's so cute! I love her so much! Hopefully there's a way to make the patch stick forever hehe