Favorite fashion styles

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
pom
Site Admin

Favorite fashion styles

Post by pom »

Personally my everyday style is cozy girl swag 8-) lots of weird tshirts and tanktops and athleisure but I really do love so many fashion styles. i even have a huge fashion inspo folder on pinterest. i love weird shapes and lots of different textures and bright colors. I'm really nostalgic about 2000s Japanese street fashion. I have a few FRUiTS books I got in middle school that I still cherish today. Gyaru was always a really fun cute style in my opinion and I love Egg magazine. Its so bright and girly and summery. Other than that I'm really nostalgic for the og mallgoth look cus that was me in middle school lmfao

(lol this issue is from 2009 and it says e-girl in the top right corner)

What styles do you all like? dislike? any opinions are welcome.
mala

Re: Favorite fashion styles

Post by mala »

I like 90s and 2000s Japanese street fashion. I love old school lolita especially (the frumpiness of it <3), but I like other styles from that time too. I recently got a Betty's Blue skirt from the 90s with the intent of wearing it for proto lolita looks, but I find it more fun to just look at street snaps from that time and make outfits inspired by it. I will provide a selection of street snaps

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

I really love rave wear even though I've never really worn it. There was a brief time where I had some fluffy legwarmers and matching outfit but I only ever wore it to a couple conventions. I also love kidcore in general; bold colors and just general cute retro stuff is so fun.

Punk in general is pretty fun too; I have a vest I'm working on that's inspired by punk/metal 'battle vests' except it's devoted to ... Mighty Ducks the Animated Series, lmao. It started as just a way to keep/display my Mighty Ducks enamel pins, but the concept has continued to grow. Here's what I've got so far!

Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

I’ll be pretty dang honest- I enjoy the charm of Y2K fashion (with a little bit of 90s) and 50s/70s fashion very much ^^ The former hits close to some of the outfits I end up drawing for my OCs (the chickens specifically lol), and I also remember seeing people dressing this way back then.

Retro or vintage fashion hits me where they’re avant-garde, quite crazy with their fashion choices for their time: Big buttons, long pants, platform heels, turtle-necks... it all just hits very charming to me. I like drawing fancy and eccentric-looking charas for a reason >:]

Annnd I also have a thing for overalls, cargo pants and boots! I just think they’re neato!

(I’ll update with images later, I’m on mobile lolol)
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

Fashion? What's that? LOL, I kid. Band shirts and shorts for me, hoodies as well when it gets a little cooler. I'm basic, I'm cool with it.

Key's Mighty Ducks vest is lookin' siiiiick tho!
Image Image
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

PAINTKILLER wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:10 pm Fashion? What's that? LOL, I kid. Band shirts and shorts for me, hoodies as well when it gets a little cooler. I'm basic, I'm cool with it.

I'm "basic" too, but I'm wanting to be more visually interesting, I guess, lol. The vest is part of that. :)

And thank you! :D It's not much yet but I have Ideas™️.
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
jeji

Post by jeji »

CooperationIsKey wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:19 pm
PAINTKILLER wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:10 pm Fashion? What's that? LOL, I kid. Band shirts and shorts for me, hoodies as well when it gets a little cooler. I'm basic, I'm cool with it.

I'm "basic" too, but I'm wanting to be more visually interesting, I guess, lol. The vest is part of that. :)

And thank you! :D It's not much yet but I have Ideas™️.
Lol I'm basic too. In spring and summer, I usually wear like a shirt or sometimes a vest when it's really hot. But when it's autumn and winter, I wear a hoodie. I don't really follow fashion trends at all. :|
My website: http://jeji.neocities.org :D
(Must contain knowledge of the Korean language lol)
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

you guys all have awesome taste! i think i could pull off both of these fits:
b8d40993780a46a853c9e406373ce064.jpg
b8d40993780a46a853c9e406373ce064.jpg (76.68 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
but for real, i mostly buy stuff at thrift stores that are pretty cute/00s-ish for cheaps, im a serious clothing cheapskate. band tees also, all the time. i wish i had a more cohesive style. there was a time when i wore a Jacques Cousteau-style hat literally everywhere...idk why. fashion is cyclical anyway, i think thats the fun part.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
catra

Post by catra »

i love looking at depop n pinterest for archived fashion and a bunch of cool shit. i love either smth hot, short bottoms, small top in or baggy big covered clothes in dark colors, i love black platform shoes of any kind lol. if i wasnt broke my fits would be on pinterest too no doubt
21, i have a lot of fun finding nooks? on the internet, i produce music and love doing that ;p

my neocities >> https://catraa.neocities.org/
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

Last edited by PAINTKILLER on Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image