bad movies you can't stop watching

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
humanfinny

bad movies you can't stop watching

Post by humanfinny »

listen, we're all with good taste here. but lets be real... sometimes we just like garbage. we know its garbage... but we cant stop!! what are some movies that you know are like soooo bad (whether its the quality, the outdated-ness, the cringe, the problematic nature, just how lame it is lol) but you just love them so much... or atleast you watch them over and over. why do we like total trash sometimes? is it nostalgia? is it an escape? discuss...

here are my top 10 garbage must-watch (don't actually...) films:

10. As Above, So Below (2014)
Very bad movie... but like Paris catacombs??? so scary!! It was actually filmed there...

9. I Am Number Four (2011)
Teresa Palmer changed my life when I was 12 (gay thoughts). I wanted so badly for this thing to get a sequel, now I dont care...

8. Boy Eats Girl (2005)
Its kind of like My Boyfriend's Back, but Irish. So at least there's that.

7. John Tucker Must Die (2006)
Guilty pleasure. There is always a clear distinction about high school movies I like and don't like. Get Real, Napoleon Dynamite, Saved, Blue Gates Crossing, Juno (masterpieces!). Drive Me Crazy, She's All That, Election, Never Been Kissed (yuck...). John Tucker should totally be a yuck movie! But I kinda like it...

6. Aliens in the Attic (2009)
I actually can't admit this movie is bad... its so funny. I know its a horrible children's film... but come on!! Aliens crash land in a rented holiday house and can control adults via chips! Only the kids can do something about it. Hilarious (at least to me...).

5. The Barbie Diaries (2006)
Does it look like total ass compared to the other Barbie movies? Yeah... but the final song slaps so hard.

4. Unaccompanied Minors (2006)
The only Christmas movie I ever cared about. Also, if it was something I had on DVD it was bound to be watched to death.

3. Terminator Salvation (2009)
I know nobody likes any of the new Terminator movies, including this one. But the action scenes rock ok!! Like the gas station, and the moto-terminators... so cool! R.I.P, Anton Yelchin.

2. Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)
Although this movie is trash and pretty much uses Japan as just a cool and 'foreign' back drop, it still has highlights. Car go fast. Flip-phones. Banger soundtrack. It would have been much better if like... any of the main characters were Japanese and not just the bad guys. Its a dumb movie.

1. Cube (1997)
This film is actually almost good. Its spooky, its philosophical (sort of...), and the tension is high. I guess the only thing that brings it down is the stiff acting, but I like it as it is. My favourite trash.

Conclusion? 2006 was a wild year.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
puratime

Re: bad movies you can't stop watching

Post by puratime »

Gotta be both 47 meters down movies- so awful it's always fun
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

puratime wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:06 pm Gotta be both 47 meters down movies- so awful it's always fun
omg i saw the poster for 'the fall' which is apparently by the same person! they both look so bad i need to see it...
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Robyn
Site Admin

Post by Robyn »

Omg I loved "As Above so Below" and bad horror movies in general. I recently watched "Haunt", I enjoyed it but it was a little on the gory side. I'll list out a few of my faves in no particular order:
  • Queen of the Damned
  • Gerald's Game
  • The Crow(original)
  • Thirteen Ghosts
  • It Follows
  • Crimson Peak
Image Image
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

Robyn wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:58 pm
  • Thirteen Ghosts
Co-signing Thirteen Ghosts big time. Not even sure how many times I've seen it. It's terrible in all the right ways.
Image Image
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

Robyn wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:58 pm Omg I loved "As Above so Below" and bad horror movies in general. I recently watched "Haunt", I enjoyed it but it was a little on the gory side. I'll list out a few of my faves in no particular order:
  • Queen of the Damned
  • Gerald's Game
  • The Crow(original)
  • Thirteen Ghosts
  • It Follows
  • Crimson Peak
ah, its so excellent!! I have not seen any of these except It Follows so thank you for the recs haha
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

PAINTKILLER wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:47 am
Robyn wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:58 pm
  • Thirteen Ghosts
Co-signing Thirteen Ghosts big time. Not even sure how many times I've seen it. It's terrible in all the right ways.
omg, perfect! put that at the top of my watchlist
ImageImageImage
ImageImage