Virtual Pet Sites!

Do you collect virtual pets? old cell phones? sea shells? fortunes? share with the class!
pom
Site Admin

Virtual Pet Sites!

Post by pom »

Does anyone have have any favorite virtual pet sites? Any recent achievements or goals?

My favorites are obviously Neopets and I also like Subeta. Recently I've been playing Moderneopets, it's a Neopets fansite that mimics the way the site used to be back in the day.

I've been playing Moderneo the most (since my main account has been iced on Neopets ;_;) and my current goal is collecting every Paint Brush!

hors

Re: Virtual Pet Sites!

Post by hors »

Seems like Horse Isle and Wajas are still around and kicking if anyone remembers either of those those lol

I was really shocked to get Neopets marketing emails and see that they updated the site after that NFT mess. Good for them I guess but all I want are Key Quest and Habitarium back ;_;

How's modernneo pom? Does it accurately recapture the old days or is it more of a continuation/improvement on it?
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

WAJAS! Now that is a blast from the past. Yes, the NFT stuff is a joke. Last I heard they kinda abandoned the idea, Neopets was sold to new ownership so who knows what the future holds for it.

Moderneo is fun, not every feature is finished yet but there a lot of dailies and games that work. The pets are the old unconverted art style and you can have as many as you want. My only real complaint is you can't code the petpages in HTML. It's all just CSS and (ironically) BBcode.
levya

Post by levya »

I've been playing a bit of neopets out of nostalgia, and I also play flight rising, pixel cat's end, and poppy seed pets! I actually wrote about them in my blog back in february~
basically, flight rising is a site where you collect and breed dragons, pixel cat's end is a site where you collect and roleplay cats, and poppy seed pets is a site where your pets do their own activities every hour.
Image Image Image Image
Vencake

Post by Vencake »

I also have to second what Levya said about Flight Rising. Been playing it since 2014! I still have my old Neopets but don't really use it anymore.
ImageImageImage

CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

I play a bunch of different collectable/growable/evolvable web pets. I keep them in my site's Toybox. Among them are Dragon Cave, Chicken Smoothie, and Tamanotchi!
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

Fun fact, but since some of you mentioned Neopets... you may be able to play some of their old flash games if you install the Flashpoint library! One of my friends also found a handful of Club Penguin minigames in it too ^^
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

To be honest I made a Chickensmootie account too just to use their oekaki before I discovered Cinni's Oekaki. Other than that I've never played it either.
NinAcTi0N wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:35 pm Fun fact, but since some of you mentioned Neopets... you may be able to play some of their old flash games if you install the Flashpoint library! One of my friends also found a handful of Club Penguin minigames in it too ^^
Great suggestion, I also use a Browser extension that works great on any chromium based browser to view flash too!
cinni

Post by cinni »

just wanted to add on my vote for pixel cat's end!! i got into it earlier this year and it's one of the only virtual pet sites i still remember to visit, nyehehe. it's pretty fun <33 (btw, if anyone wants to add me there, i'm @cinni !! or https://www.pixelcatsend.com/profile&id=5921). as far as other pet sites, i wanted to shout out https://wobble.town/ and tamaNOTchi https://tamanotchi.world/ for lil pets you can embed on a site ^.^
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

I have Tomanotchi and Wobble. Signed up for Poppy Seed Pets the other night after skimming this thread. I'm nervous to take on too many, for fear of not taking good care of them all.
Image Image