Obsessing over Rainworld and Half-Life

What games are you playing? video games, board games, card games, internet games?
NinAcTi0N

Obsessing over Rainworld and Half-Life

Post by NinAcTi0N »

All I can say is that these two are living rent-free in my brain and I can’t stop playing them :’]

Rainworld is absolutely beautiful. I love the graphics, I love the ethereal, almost mythical vibes it has, and the pixel style wraps it all up in a whole experience.

Won’t deny the game has no mercy though xD You get used to dying a lot, having to slowly but surely master your abilities, all while enjoying the scenery and trying to survive, one shelter at a time.

Oh the other side of the coin, playing the OG Half-Life feels so particularly interesting… it’s like a time pod, full of its own little secrets, quirks, and the charm of 90s visuals.

Doesn’t mean it has no flaws though- I’m soft locked in a point because it autosaved my death x’/ I’ll go with the console methods to deal with this.

Have you played any of these? I’m curious to hear your thoughts ^^
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
Vencake

Re: Obsessing over Rainworld and Half-Life

Post by Vencake »

Oh shit the OG HL?! I haven't played that in years!
Yeah getting softlocked sounds about right LOL. I haven't played Rainworld but I have played the main Half-Life games. I want to play Alyx but don't have VR for it. It's been pretty long, but my favorite thing was commanding the little bugs in #2 to attack the combine. What about you?
ImageImageImage

NinAcTi0N

Re: Obsessing over Rainworld and Half-Life

Post by NinAcTi0N »

Vencake wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:42 pm Oh shit the OG HL?! I haven't played that in years!
Yeah getting softlocked sounds about right LOL. I haven't played Rainworld but I have played the main Half-Life games. I want to play Alyx but don't have VR for it. It's been pretty long, but my favorite thing was commanding the little bugs in #2 to attack the combine. What about you?
Lol yeah, the old school one! I was lucky enough to get it for free at the 25th anniversary for Half-Life, and have been having a fantastic experience so far! And yup, even if you can tell the game has its clunky parts and annoying bits, it's a product of its time and I admire it for it <3

One of my friends played Alyx, and he said it's mindblowing! Also the way the VR is integrated makes everything the more interesting to explore. I can only imagine, since I remember watching him play HL2 on VR once, and it feels so dang different-

And lastly, I can say that one of my favorite parts so far was, apart from blowing up the casserole and wheezing at it, how most things are breakable and how creative the game gets with how you explore the areas around Black Mesa. I still recall having an A-HA moment when I hopped onto the oxygen propeller and found a barricaded passage above- or how the vending machines drop lots of cans when you break them ^^ Just very simple details that make the experience even cooler. I'm at the part where you navigate the train tracks, while having to deal with the military.
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image