Co-op games

What games are you playing? video games, board games, card games, internet games?
Vencake

Co-op games

Post by Vencake »

I'm playing the Portal 2 coop for the first time and I don't usually like coop games but it's really fun!
It's probably my favorite for a long time. I did try Stardew Valley coop but I didn't care for it - I preferred the single player.

Any suggestions or favorite coop games of your own?
ImageImageImage

NinAcTi0N

Re: Co-op games

Post by NinAcTi0N »

Yoo, another person joining Portal! I looove these games, the writing, puzzles and worldbuilding are so great x] Also my first intro to other Valve franchises.

I’ve been only playing co-op more recently, but by watching my pals streaming some gameplay, I’ve enjoyed Left4Dead 2 (this one really emphasizes co-op work), Friends VS Friends, TF2 and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (lil’ warning for this one being gory in a cartoonish manner and delving into religious themes, but the gameplay alone is super chaotic with a friend).

Ohh, also just remembered Rainworld! This one has co-op too, but works better with controllers. If you and your friend are playing with keyboard, you may need to re-map the keys.

It’s a weird balance of chill and tense, even painful at times, but it’s a game for the thrills and those determined at heart.

Also, if you’re not sure about buying a game to play with your friends, or you wanna try co-op on a game who isn’t on Steam, Parsec is your best friend ^^ Works seamlessly, even with my PC having decent specs!
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

I haven't played Portal 1 or 2 in years but me and my brother recently coop played the first Half Life via Sven. In high school me and three friends would also regularly play L4D2 and Borderlands 2 together. Borderlands was a lot of fun.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
floral-tears

Post by floral-tears »

It's been a few years since I've last played it but I remember having so much fun with Ibb and Obb. If you and your friends like puzzle platformers it's a great choice!
Vencake

Post by Vencake »

NinAcTi0N wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:18 pm Yoo, another person joining Portal! I looove these games, the writing, puzzles and worldbuilding are so great x] Also my first intro to other Valve franchises.

I’ve been only playing co-op more recently, but by watching my pals streaming some gameplay, I’ve enjoyed Left4Dead 2 (this one really emphasizes co-op work), Friends VS Friends, TF2 and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (lil’ warning for this one being gory in a cartoonish manner and delving into religious themes, but the gameplay alone is super chaotic with a friend).

Ohh, also just remembered Rainworld! This one has co-op too, but works better with controllers. If you and your friend are playing with keyboard, you may need to re-map the keys.

It’s a weird balance of chill and tense, even painful at times, but it’s a game for the thrills and those determined at heart.

Also, if you’re not sure about buying a game to play with your friends, or you wanna try co-op on a game who isn’t on Steam, Parsec is your best friend ^^ Works seamlessly, even with my PC having decent specs!
YES L4d2 is so good. Valve doesn't want money because they haven't amde l4d3 ....

Thanks I'll check out Parsec. Pretty crazy - we don't need to buy x2 of the same game?! If I'm reading it right at first glance lol
humanfinny wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:12 am I haven't played Portal 1 or 2 in years but me and my brother recently coop played the first Half Life via Sven. In high school me and three friends would also regularly play L4D2 and Borderlands 2 together. Borderlands was a lot of fun.
This reminds me, I still haven't played #3. I got put off 'cause I read about the story and spoilt it (though I didn't play for the story, I still cared for it).
floral-tears wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:10 am It's been a few years since I've last played it but I remember having so much fun with Ibb and Obb. If you and your friends like puzzle platformers it's a great choice!
When I first read this I thought you recommended me Ib (rpg maker) LOL
This is a very unique suggestion. Thanks for it!!
ImageImageImage

humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

Vencake wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:40 pm
humanfinny wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:12 am I haven't played Portal 1 or 2 in years but me and my brother recently coop played the first Half Life via Sven. In high school me and three friends would also regularly play L4D2 and Borderlands 2 together. Borderlands was a lot of fun.
This reminds me, I still haven't played #3. I got put off 'cause I read about the story and spoilt it (though I didn't play for the story, I still cared for it).

Same! I played 1, 2, and the pre-sequel and the tales game but never got around to the third. TBH, can't play much games made past 2016-2017 becuz the 'puter aint the same as it used to be.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage