sudden nostalgia for the old deviantart

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
NinAcTi0N

Re: sudden nostalgia for the old deviantart

Post by NinAcTi0N »

I’m almost sure Sheezy.art tried leaning on the thing of embracing some of DA’s charm. I don’t know myself, but people were saying good things about it!
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

NinAcTi0N wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:24 pm I’m almost sure Sheezy.art tried leaning on the thing of embracing some of DA’s charm. I don’t know myself, but people were saying good things about it!
Yes, Key mentioned it. It was down before but seems to be back up now! It looks pretty cute, I might try to make an account!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
AngelEyeSprings

Post by AngelEyeSprings »

How is Sheezy.art from anyone who uses it? I miss old dA. I miss when people would draw whatever without an algorithm. I miss when people were cringe and didn't care. I also miss when people had these detailed themes and pages and replyed in roleplay. It was fun and genuine... I miss the whole Invader Zim, Warrior Cats era the most lol
「ふうん、ニンゲンにしてはなかなかやるじゃない。…まなつ。」
「へへっ! ローラもめっちゃトロピカってる!」
「あたりまえでしょ。だって、私人魚だもの」
「もーっと一緒にトロピカってこー!」

soapscug

Post by soapscug »

da was one of the places on the internet i have memories of browsing without an account, looking for mlp art and flash games n such, and i was always a huge fan of it's web design and felt like it's usage of de-saturated greens did a good job at looking good with any piece of art that was uploaded. even though i never made an account on the site (except for when i made a throwaway account to download smth) it still kinda held a place in my heart, and tbh i'll always hold a huge grudge against wix for buying out and essentially zombifying deviantart, it rly sapped all all the life and unique-ness from the site and made it an unusable laggy garbage dump
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

soapscug wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:28 am da was one of the places on the internet i have memories of browsing without an account, looking for mlp art and flash games n such, and i was always a huge fan of it's web design and felt like it's usage of de-saturated greens did a good job at looking good with any piece of art that was uploaded. even though i never made an account on the site (except for when i made a throwaway account to download smth) it still kinda held a place in my heart, and tbh i'll always hold a huge grudge against wix for buying out and essentially zombifying deviantart, it rly sapped all all the life and unique-ness from the site and made it an unusable laggy garbage dump
Honestly same- I remember looking up fanarts of certain games I liked back then (even though I had unfortunate brushes with NSFW there :’p). I’ve had an acc that stood dead for almost 3 years, then I came back and started posting my stuff.

I actually made most of my friends there, and I felt sad when I realized I wasn’t feeling the same spark anymore. Tumblr has been doing it for me, together with Newgrounds (even if the traction is still kinda slow).
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
AngelEyeSprings

Post by AngelEyeSprings »

NinAcTi0N wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:36 am I actually made most of my friends there, and I felt sad when I realized I wasn’t feeling the same spark anymore. Tumblr has been doing it for me, together with Newgrounds (even if the traction is still kinda slow).
I've been thinking about joining Newgrounds. It gives so much nostalgia to me as an older (?) Zoomer. The community seems weirdly chill and focuses on art instead of drama or selling out. Tumblr is a bit too socmed-y for me, but I keep wanting to join for fandom / hobby friends. I'm frustrated with the changes and decisions the Tumblr staff make. The LiveJournal community for PreCure is still popping weirdly enough, but it's still too oldish for me. I'm thinking about DW, but I don't understand the social rules there well. I think that this forum + NeoCities + some other small web communities are enough for me at the moment.
「ふうん、ニンゲンにしてはなかなかやるじゃない。…まなつ。」
「へへっ! ローラもめっちゃトロピカってる!」
「あたりまえでしょ。だって、私人魚だもの」
「もーっと一緒にトロピカってこー!」