Music Collections

Do you collect virtual pets? old cell phones? sea shells? fortunes? share with the class!
hat

Re: Music Collections

Post by hat »

humanfinny wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:51 am 13. Savage Garden - Savage Garden

I dont know why I have this.
that's one of my top favorite albums T_____T
hors wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:36 am Can you weigh your collection please
help
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

hat wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:14 am
humanfinny wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:51 am 13. Savage Garden - Savage Garden

I dont know why I have this.
that's one of my top favorite albums T_____T

omg im sorry haha... unwarranted savage garden bashing... i think when i bought it and listened to it for the first I was just in a bad mood, tho its not my thing my comment was too mean lol.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

mima wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:20 pm
humanfinny wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:51 am 9. Daft Punk - One More Time
I know it's one of your least favourites but I'm jealous you have this! Discovery is, in my opinion, one of the greatest albums of all time. It's cool you have some CDs of artists you've seen live too! Maybe one day you can somehow get all of your CDs back with you.
its still a total banger! if we had a CD exchange one day haha... getting my collection back would be the dream, cuz grandma really doesnt need that much nirvana/britpop/00spoprock.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
devon

Post by devon »

I do have some CDs but I pretty much stopped buying new ones due to other expenses (ugh, magazines, some books, hoarding fabrics) and that I pretty much earlier on ended up with CDs I didn't listen to at all. Currently I want to get some albums I actually will like after getting back to discovering music.

Few CDs I'm glad I have are both Gold and Silver by Starflyer 59 (both original press), first 3 electronic Underworld albums and two final EBTG albums (which turned out to be og UK pressings, these were just NM+ CDs wrapped in foil again but I'm actually glad they are haha. Maybe they were actually deadstock?)
mima

Post by mima »

Any developments to our collections?? Surely you've bought something that you absolutely did not need but also needed desperately.

I received a KISS compilation as a gift from a family member. They were very kind to do so! My friend was very cruel and decided to get me back into Ace Frehley, which caused me to find his solo album for a good deal online. Of course, I bought it. How rude of my friend!

ImageImage

I have four KISS records now and they're all up on my wall.

humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

mima wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:53 pm Any developments to our collections?? Surely you've bought something that you absolutely did not need but also needed desperately.

I received a KISS compilation as a gift from a family member. They were very kind to do so! My friend was very cruel and decided to get me back into Ace Frehley, which caused me to find his solo album for a good deal online. Of course, I bought it. How rude of my friend!

ImageImage

I have four KISS records now and they're all up on my wall.

hey mima, these all look so freaking cool! they display is awesome!! I got a bunch of CDs for New Years, going to post them soon!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

My cousins were coming to visit us from Chicago and asked what I wanted for New Year's, we don't have much American bands around these here parts so I asked if they'd come across some of my faves in thrift stores or the like. Best cousins/uncle ever got me 8 awesome discs!!!

1. Alice in Chains - Dirt
So, so good.
2. Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On
My 2nd fave after Keep It Like A Secret.
3. Foo Fighters - Essentials
Sometimes you just need a compilation!
4. Foo Fighters - Self-Titled
2nd only to The Colour and The Shape.
5. Fugazi - First Demo
Now I dream of owning Red Medicine and In On The Kill Taker.
6. Gob - Foot In Mouth Disease
Gob, such an underrated Canadian 00s/90s alt band like Treble Charger and The Inbreds.
7. Incubus - Essentials
Again, vital essentials.
8. Incubus - Enjoy Incubus EP
I like Incubus a lot so very happy to have an EP, dream of Morning View and Make Yourself next.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage