Wipeout series

What games are you playing? video games, board games, card games, internet games?
devon

Wipeout series

Post by devon »

I pretty much have played only first three games in the series but honestly I feel they are just the purest form of Wipeout in general. First installment is lackluster due to physics and steering being just so wonky, 2097 is leagues better and anti-gravity vechicles have waaay better handling. But for me 3 is the best package over all, with best graphics out of all three, best graphic design from TDR (i especially love the menus, they are minimalistic and so clean), tracks are so nice (fav is P-Mar Project, it's truly beautiful one) and gameplay is loads of fun.

Anyone else into it over here? Fav parts, tracks or teams?
humanfinny

Re: Wipeout series

Post by humanfinny »

devon wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:24 pm I pretty much have played only first three games in the series but honestly I feel they are just the purest form of Wipeout in general. First installment is lackluster due to physics and steering being just so wonky, 2097 is leagues better and anti-gravity vechicles have waaay better handling. But for me 3 is the best package over all, with best graphics out of all three, best graphic design from TDR (i especially love the menus, they are minimalistic and so clean), tracks are so nice (fav is P-Mar Project, it's truly beautiful one) and gameplay is loads of fun.

Anyone else into it over here? Fav parts, tracks or teams?
ive only played pure but i LOVED it. the actual gameplay is fun but the music, ui, its so cool.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

Only palyed the first one, was so ahead of its time when it came out. And yeah, that soundtrack was mindblowing at the time, and is still amazing!
Image Image
MoonMoth

Post by MoonMoth »

I had the demo of one of the games on my PS1! I can't recall for which game the demo was of sadly but I don't think I ever played it too much. From what I've learned since then is that I really love its worldbuilding and the various designs of the vehicles? Hovercraft? It's cool to see all the various teams and their lore.