November-December Listening

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
humanfinny

November-December Listening

Post by humanfinny »

Hey guys, you discover any cool music in the past month and some? I know Spotify people recently got their wrappeds and all, I looked mine up too but I don't really use it much anymore.

Fell deeper down my Treble Charger/Gob curiosity and found some more late 90s/early 00s pop punk/emo gems, like Home Grown and Midtown. Also back to more Quicksand, Fugazi, Far etc. And Sufjan's new album from October was fucking awesome too.

What bands/artists are you ending the year with?
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
mima

Re: November-December Listening

Post by mima »

I was in a music-listening slump for most of the year but I picked back up in about September-October. Recent discoveries have been The Clash, Foreigner, Electric Light Orchestra and a Japanese folk duo called Aming. I've also gotten back into some artists I used to listen to years ago, mostly 80's Japanese music like Yellow Magic Orchestra, Kahoru Kohiruimaki and Casiopea. I've also-also been listening to some Bollywood music as a bit of a guilty pleasure :lol:
Ame

Post by Ame »

In December in listen exclusively to Christmas songs, but I have a list of artists and band that I meant to check if I like their music. Some of my new favourites are Dean Martin, Doris Day, Eartha Kitt, Fletcher Henderson, Judy Garland, Mildred Bailey, Ray Charles and Sarah Vaughan (all singers of oldies/traditional pop or jazz which I already knew from youtube playlists but didn't listened to their albums).

I like to listen to music that fit my mood and my mood recently was chill/relax so I am mostly listening to oldies and jazz or video game OSTs or relaxing Ghibli songs.
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

mima wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:48 pm I was in a music-listening slump for most of the year but I picked back up in about September-October. Recent discoveries have been The Clash, Foreigner, Electric Light Orchestra and a Japanese folk duo called Aming. I've also gotten back into some artists I used to listen to years ago, mostly 80's Japanese music like Yellow Magic Orchestra, Kahoru Kohiruimaki and Casiopea. I've also-also been listening to some Bollywood music as a bit of a guilty pleasure :lol:
the clash and ELO are great! have to check out Aming and the other japanese bands you mention, Ive not heard of them. I had a srs bollywood phase age 13-14 hahah...
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

Ame wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:24 pm In December in listen exclusively to Christmas songs, but I have a list of artists and band that I meant to check if I like their music. Some of my new favourites are Dean Martin, Doris Day, Eartha Kitt, Fletcher Henderson, Judy Garland, Mildred Bailey, Ray Charles and Sarah Vaughan (all singers of oldies/traditional pop or jazz which I already knew from youtube playlists but didn't listened to their albums).

I like to listen to music that fit my mood and my mood recently was chill/relax so I am mostly listening to oldies and jazz or video game OSTs or relaxing Ghibli songs.
that sounds super nice, my go to xmas music is sufjan stevens, the guy made a lot of xmas tunes...
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

I dunno about really finding any new artists or anything, but I've been obsessed with this song "Scumbag" by punk artist NOAHFINNCE. It's an amazing takedown of J.K.Rowling (and a bit risky of the production team given she's sue-happy over anyone 'slandering' her) and I just love it so much. It's even my ringtone atm.

OH!! And Siberian Indigineous group OTYKEN has a new banger called "Belief" that I love a lot too!
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
sanguineroyal

Post by sanguineroyal »

Everyone stream Sabrina Carpenter's EP "Fruitcake" now! >:D

All jokes aside, I really like it. I've never really had any feelings on Sabrina Carpenter as an artist until more recently. I watched her back in the day as "Maya" in Girl Meets World, and was loosely aware she had a music career where I'd listen to a song of her's here and there.

The minute the outros for the live performances of her song "Nonsense" started going viral, I was hooked in. Not only is she talented, but her stage presence is everything.

She is literally popstar Barbie to me!
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

CooperationIsKey wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:41 am I dunno about really finding any new artists or anything, but I've been obsessed with this song "Scumbag" by punk artist NOAHFINNCE. It's an amazing takedown of J.K.Rowling (and a bit risky of the production team given she's sue-happy over anyone 'slandering' her) and I just love it so much. It's even my ringtone atm.

OH!! And Siberian Indigineous group OTYKEN has a new banger called "Belief" that I love a lot too!

Omg anything to rip into jk, she sucks. Gonna have to listen to OTYKEN!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

sanguineroyal wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:55 pm Everyone stream Sabrina Carpenter's EP "Fruitcake" now! >:D

All jokes aside, I really like it. I've never really had any feelings on Sabrina Carpenter as an artist until more recently. I watched her back in the day as "Maya" in Girl Meets World, and was loosely aware she had a music career where I'd listen to a song of her's here and there.

The minute the outros for the live performances of her song "Nonsense" started going viral, I was hooked in. Not only is she talented, but her stage presence is everything.

She is literally popstar Barbie to me!
That sounds like a lot of fun! Will check it out!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage