Traditional Media Thread

Paintings, drawings, arts, crafts.. if it's not digital, it goes here.
celestefem

Re: Traditional Media Thread

Post by celestefem »

pom wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:49 am Everyones styles are so cool! I love your watercolor painting so much Celeste! it has a such a whimsical vibe and your handwriting is so pretty
thanks, pom! ^^
Vencake wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:50 pm Ahh this type of art is what I wanna get in to. Drawing freely what you see as you travel. Hope you had fun in New Orleans!
oh, yeah, plein air painting is a lot of fun and very relaxing, actually! and hanging out in parks, etc while on vacation, you can get away from the touristy areas and meet some interesting people. i'd definitely recommend it! and new orleans was cool -- very different vibe than back home!
mala

Post by mala »

I don't do traditional art as often nowadays because it hurts my hands and requires a lot of energy but I have some old stuff!

Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

mala wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:23 pm I don't do traditional art as often nowadays because it hurts my hands and requires a lot of energy but I have some old stuff!
Ooh, those look so cool!! I love the vibes each one has, and the colors are super funky too! ⭐
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

mala wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:23 pm I don't do traditional art as often nowadays because it hurts my hands and requires a lot of energy but I have some old stuff!

Image Image ImageImage
i LOVE your style!!! super bright colors and i love how textures the coloring is, are the two in the middle marker? I love when traditional art is super textured
mala

Post by mala »

pom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:07 am i LOVE your style!!! super bright colors and i love how textures the coloring is, are the two in the middle marker? I love when traditional art is super textured
Thank you so much! It's a combination of prismacolors and alcohol markets! I use the prismacolors for shading/texture ^w^ the marker is a base!
NinAcTi0N wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:29 pm
Ooh, those look so cool!! I love the vibes each one has, and the colors are super funky too! ⭐
Tysm!!
Image Image
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

mala wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:39 am
pom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:07 am i LOVE your style!!! super bright colors and i love how textures the coloring is, are the two in the middle marker? I love when traditional art is super textured
Thank you so much! It's a combination of prismacolors and alcohol markets! I use the prismacolors for shading/texture ^w^ the marker is a base!
yess! I love prismas! I use them a lot! I use a mix of a bunch of different marker brands lol. Prismacolor makes great colored pencils too, they are smooth and pigmented!
mala

Post by mala »

pom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:56 am
yess! I love prismas! I use them a lot! I use a mix of a bunch of different marker brands lol. Prismacolor makes great colored pencils too, they are smooth and pigmented!
Yes the texture is from prismacolor pencils :'D I actually forgot they make markers lol! The main alcohol brand I use is ohuhu but I've been a bit depressed making traditional because my main collection of ohuhu and copics was a stolen a few years ago. i have more markers but :cry: hurt to think about.
Image Image
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

mala wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:30 am
pom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:56 am

Yes the texture is from prismacolor pencils :'D I actually forgot they make markers lol! The main alcohol brand I use is ohuhu but I've been a bit depressed making traditional because my main collection of ohuhu and copics was a stolen a few years ago. i have more markers but :cry: hurt to think about.
AHHH that really sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that you got your markers stolen. Honestly, I've found that cheap knockoff markers really aren't that bad. I got a giant pack of alcohol markers from Aliexpress one time just to try to them and I end up using them everytime I do marker drawings.
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

I was meaning to leave one of my pieces here, but I would always forget x] Here, this is one of my old traditionals! It's small enough to fit in my hand as an A6 cardstock, but detailed enough to be a poster :p It's my sona's pet chicken, Pepita!

Hope you peeps like it!!
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image