What’s your favourite season?

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
mala

Re: What’s your favourite season?

Post by mala »

My favorite season used to be fall, but lately I've been really expressed with spring lately. When spring just starts and winter is ending.. The wildlife slowly coming back, the flowers blossoming, and the cool weather all get me.
Image Image
pom
Site Admin

Post by pom »

A lot of fall and springe enjoyers~! I'm a huge summer enjoyer. I love going to the beach and to the pool and sunbathing and like Nin said, coconut water :3 I love the afternoon rain, I love the AC blasting. just have very good memories of summertime too. Its the coziest season imo. Heat doesn't bother me and I'd rather be boiling in the heat that freezing. Being cold is so painful and uncomfortable in my opinion.
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

jeji wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:42 pm
humanfinny wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:33 pm
celestefem wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:51 pm where i live, it stays around -30C throughout most of february and the temperatures and wind chills have been getting more extreme, but we’ve also been getting less and less snow every year, which is a real bummer. in fact, all of our seasons have been kinda messed up lately, even just compared to when i was a kid…
for real! tho -30 sounds like the ideal, cuz -50 was a lil extreme even for me haha. thats a shame about the change, I feel it more with the past years too. cant tell if the seasons really were more...um, season-y back then or we just became conscious of climate change when we got older. spring is awesome, and wow, a lilac tree... i love all purple plants, especially lavender.
I'd freeze to death! I'm not used to it being cold lol :o
tbh, these are not very human-friendly conditions haha, im amazed to think how people survived there before modern architecture...
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
celestefem

Post by celestefem »

humanfinny wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:52 am
jeji wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:42 pm
humanfinny wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:33 pm

for real! tho -30 sounds like the ideal, cuz -50 was a lil extreme even for me haha. thats a shame about the change, I feel it more with the past years too. cant tell if the seasons really were more...um, season-y back then or we just became conscious of climate change when we got older. spring is awesome, and wow, a lilac tree... i love all purple plants, especially lavender.
I'd freeze to death! I'm not used to it being cold lol :o
tbh, these are not very human-friendly conditions haha, im amazed to think how people survived there before modern architecture...
yeah, for real, -30C is so scary to be in! like, once in college, i was walking the same two blocks i walked almost everyday but i got completely winded and even got to the point where my vision was fading and everything! around the same time, a student from my school was found frozen, not even that far from his dorm… i’m also really curious how people dealt with these conditions in the past…
PAINTKILLER

Post by PAINTKILLER »

I'm with Finny! Winter is my favorite. Can get to be a bit much in the upper Midwest USA after several months of it, but at the end of the day I prefer it over the other three seasons. Winter -> Autumn -> Spring -> Summer. In that order. I hate heat and humidity soooo much!
Image Image
jeji

Post by jeji »

pom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:32 am A lot of fall and springe enjoyers~! I'm a huge summer enjoyer. I love going to the beach and to the pool and sunbathing and like Nin said, coconut water :3 I love the afternoon rain, I love the AC blasting. just have very good memories of summertime too. Its the coziest season imo. Heat doesn't bother me and I'd rather be boiling in the heat that freezing. Being cold is so painful and uncomfortable in my opinion.
I enjoy summer too, but when I'm out of my country lol! I've went on holiday to Malta (a mediterranean island) for 4 days - it was very very warm (about 41°c) and there was not even a single cloud. :D
My summer time is warm, which is nice because that's a summer thing but it's rainy all the time because monsoon season happens in summer :(
My website: http://jeji.neocities.org :D
(Must contain knowledge of the Korean language lol)
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

celestefem wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:46 pm yeah, for real, -30C is so scary to be in! like, once in college, i was walking the same two blocks i walked almost everyday but i got completely winded and even got to the point where my vision was fading and everything! around the same time, a student from my school was found frozen, not even that far from his dorm… i’m also really curious how people dealt with these conditions in the past…
holy, thats scary. ive never felt that myself, but sounds terrifying. there is an incredible story of a lady who got caught in a snowstorm, was frozen for hours and somehow survived and didnt lose any limbs or brain function or anything. idk how the body is so bad, like you move a little wrong and u basically have a pain in your neck for 2 weeks but you freeze for hours and survive with basically no damage. heres the story for anyone curious.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
humanfinny

Post by humanfinny »

PAINTKILLER wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:09 pm I'm with Finny! Winter is my favorite. Can get to be a bit much in the upper Midwest USA after several months of it, but at the end of the day I prefer it over the other three seasons. Winter -> Autumn -> Spring -> Summer. In that order. I hate heat and humidity soooo much!
hard agree with that order!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

pom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:32 am A lot of fall and springe enjoyers~! I'm a huge summer enjoyer. I love going to the beach and to the pool and sunbathing and like Nin said, coconut water :3 I love the afternoon rain, I love the AC blasting. just have very good memories of summertime too. Its the coziest season imo. Heat doesn't bother me and I'd rather be boiling in the heat that freezing. Being cold is so painful and uncomfortable in my opinion.
Ayy, we shake hands x] I'm currently going through spring where I live, but the summer vibes are already around and it feels so nice- it's like Brazil wasn't meant to have winter lol. We're also during the mango season!
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
sanguineroyal

Post by sanguineroyal »

I am a spring enjoyer<3 There's nothing quite like watching winter melt away and the greenery come back. My birthday is also in the Spring, haha