needlefelting wip

Paintings, drawings, arts, crafts.. if it's not digital, it goes here.
celestefem

needlefelting wip

Post by celestefem »

so i’ve been working on this little kilala all day! it’s a little slow going, but almost done with her body!

i didn’t expect to go through so much wool! i’ve already gone through two bags of white & off-white and i haven’t even started her head yet. like, she is quite a bit bigger than other things i’ve made, but i didn’t think it’d make that much of a difference…

family portrait:

edit: oh! also, does anyone have any podcasts or anything they’d recommend listening to while crafting or whatever? i’ve been watching artsy youtube videos, but… it’s kinda bad to look away while stabbing, y’know?
pom
Site Admin

Re: needlefelting wip

Post by pom »

These are so cute, I always love seeing your needlefelts! The bird is my favorite I love how round and cute it looks but the color transitions in the feathers look so good! As far as podcasts, I don't really have any to recommend ;_; I'll let you know if I find any good ones though
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

Those are so cute! I especially love the bird. Ive considered getting into needlefelting but I've never really gotten around to it.

As for podcasts, uh, it has nothing to do with crafting at all but the Distractible podcast is a lot of fun. Three friends (that happen to be Markiplier and his friends Bob and Wade) talk about anything and everything and they're hilarious.
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
Robyn
Site Admin

Post by Robyn »

These are amazing! I'm also a huge fan of the parakeet. Please keep us updated on the kilala, I'd love to see her when she's done!
Image Image
NinAcTi0N

Post by NinAcTi0N »

Oh wow, I remember seeing things on needle felting before- I think it's such a cool medium to mess with ^^ This reminds me I wanted to get into polymer clay sculpting someday lol. Wish ya luck making these little fellas come together :V
Funky neons and weird critters, my beloved <3
Slowly building up my lab!

Image Image
celestefem

Post by celestefem »

thanks, everyone, for your nice words! ^^

key, it’s been a long time since i watched markiplier, but i listened to a couple of episodes of this podcast and it was pretty funny and very nostalgic. 👍 thanks for the suggestion!

and, yeah, nin, needlefelting is cool! the way that needlefelted products (made with wires) are posable is so neat and adds a completely new dimension to the type of stuff you can make. i think your polymer clay creations would be so awesome, i really look forward to seeing them someday!

anyway, i think we’re gonna call it here: (i’m not actually sure of the best way to photograph her, sorry…)

i kinda had a lot of trouble with shaping her, rip… also, i tried out a couple of new techniques for her, like using an armature and adding some fuzzy fur, which turned out kinda cool but again i think i’ll have to keep practicing and experimenting.