Trends (Old and New)

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
mima

Re: Trends (Old and New)

Post by mima »

Ame wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:48 pm I am a bit late for this thread but here is what I remember:

Billabong (I think that this is a international brand) and Capricho (a female clothing brand and a site and a magazine lol) brands were everywhere, Billabong was mostly for sweatshirts and backpacks and Capricho had an underwear that had "Capricho" written next to the waist area. Literally every girl had this panties in middle school lol (I didn't but I never liked that brand btw) and Billabong I had completely forgotten about this until I saw someone at college with a Billabong backpack.

Mp3 and mp4 and mp5 players! I had all of them LOL the mp3 was like this model above but silver, the mp4 was a copy with an ipod and the mp5 looked like a smartphone and it even had touch screen and a pen. Everyone in school had one of these (or an original ipod but these were expensive).

I loved these players, the batteries would last longer than a modern smartphone and they're smaller and easy to carry. After my last player died I searched frantically for a replacement but I couldn't find them any more (that was 2013 and I still can't find something similar, I just stopped listening to music completely when I outside my house :cry: :cry: ).
Wow Billabong is a deep memory. It kind of disappeared from stores after a while! I miss MP3 players so much. I actually got mine in about 2013 haha! Kept using it until 2020-2021. Nowadays when I look for MP3 players, it's junk from China that will operate for two hours before dying.
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

mima wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:28 am Wow Billabong is a deep memory. It kind of disappeared from stores after a while! I miss MP3 players so much. I actually got mine in about 2013 haha! Kept using it until 2020-2021. Nowadays when I look for MP3 players, it's junk from China that will operate for two hours before dying.
i loved quicksilver, billabong, roxy, and rip curl. my parents wore lots even tho none of them surf lol. i actually picked up a tee from a thrift store that just has the billabong logo on the front and a huge print of a sunny beach with all sorts of tropical decals on the back lol. i would love to buy a mp3 player but all new options suck or are super pricey and old ones dont go to well with larger SD cards. hopefully something will come along...
ImageImageImage
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

AngelEyeSprings wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:27 pm
CooperationIsKey wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:38 pm I still like chevron, lol. My bedding is chevron (in yellow, gray, teal, and white) and I love it. XD
I support you and your chevron sheets!! Honestly I was mostly sick of seeing everywhere in school lol... I forgot to mention this in the OP, but this isn't supposed to be a negative or generation war thread btw!!
Lol it's fine! I didn't feel attacked, I just thought it was funny. :D

--

I miss mp3 players too. I still technically own my three ipods, but I don't currently have access to them. I need to send some money to my friends up north so they can send my stuff to me. o3o;
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)