a wandering faun has arrived~!

Come introduce yourself and be welcomed to the Juice Bar!!
faeraphim

a wandering faun has arrived~!

Post by faeraphim »

hello everyone~!

you may call me lettie! :purple_heart: short for lettuce~! :D i use she/her or fae/faer pronouns <33

i was really active on the old net back in the early 2000’s, mostly staying on rpg forums(rip avidgamers and acornrack), neopets(too many petpages to count lol), doll sites(both the handrawn and cartoon!), webcomics(i miss eat kitties/asps ;m; but still keep up with like dmfa and am catching up on how to be a werewolf!), and then gaia online. i'm finally returning to my lost loves, and getting into pixel art and website making again!

i’m currently going back to school to become a full time artist after losing my ability to do my former job, and have been focusing mostly on illustration, tho i really want to learn it all! :uwu: i've been trying to teach myself pixel art and pixel dolls-it's been a really fun challenge that's been refreshing my motivation in art :wuv: also at some point, i want to get into the 3D space, and learn how to make art dolls and book binding!

i love fairy tales, fantasy, role playing games(solo journaling, dnd, larp, etc), making friends(extroverts gotta extrovert), witchy stuff, clowns, ball jointed dolls, and aerial/circus arts, specifically lyra/aerial hoop. i've had to pause on that tho due to health reasons, but am excited to try it again at some point! i also just started going to the local society of creative anachronism meetings in my area-it's really fun, like historical reenactment but all at once? i've been learning illumination and middle ages fiber arts the past few times i've gone so far : D

i love cities! i lived in tokyo for three months, and it really confirmed that i am happiest somewhere walkable with lots to do, even if my circumstances aren’t the best. right now i live in the suburbs-we have a bus system, but it’s not the greatest, so i’m hoping to move once college is done to one, either in my home country or overseas again…

ok, that’s probably enough haha. :lol: i’m so excited to befriend all of you!
humanfinny
global moderator

Re: a wandering faun has arrived~!

Post by humanfinny »

Hi Lettie! Welcome to juicebar, you have such a lovely username! The society you mention sounds wild, I've never heard of smth like that but it seems so cool. Btw, I saw the button for the Princess Code on your site, Im currently reading the princess portal blog on the wayback machine now and am enjoying Skye's posts a lot. How did you come across the princess code? Your art is very pretty, I cant wait to see some of your pixel works!
ImageImageImage
faeraphim

Post by faeraphim »

awww thank you so much! ;w; i love angels and i love fairies, so i combined them into the ultimate username xD;;

it's so much fun! they have them like all over the world, you might have one near you! https://sca.org/kingdom_lookup.html

ahh~so i found the princess portal through a friend back in... 2008? ish?? we were both into lolita fashion, and her blog was really big in the community at the time(which was almost exclusively on livejournal). i used to read her blog almost religiously, lol-i was obsessed with princesses and fairytales, and loved her "princess lessons" section. it definitely had a huge influence on me! eventually, she launched another blog, the lost princess, which was much more of a poetic project, and then eventually the princess portal just redirected to her new blog-a really sad day, losing the archives. and then eventually, the lost princess disapeared too. sky has come out and said it was for personal reasons, which i totally get-she was super popular, and that's a lot of stress and pressure! but it is nice that it still exists in some way on the way back machine. <33 i remember there was one point when it randomly went back online for a day, and me and my friend were so excited to use it in its full functional form-i think the last post that was ever on there was on either a korean magazine or korean beauty product or something?? anyway, it will always hold a really special place in my heart. <333 thanks for asking, that was a lovely trip down memory lane! :uwu:

and ahhhhh thank youuuu!! posting it online is really new for me-i used to way back in the day, but only recently got brave enough to try again. i went to your website and am going through your art-you are so amazing!!! i love your style a lot, its super nice. i'm kind of obsessing over your moon mermaid picture for mermay 2022 day one-the character design is sooo cool!!
AngelEyeSprings

Post by AngelEyeSprings »

faeraphim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:34 pm hello everyone~!

you may call me lettie! :purple_heart: short for lettuce~! :D i use she/her or fae/faer pronouns <33

i was really active on the old net back in the early 2000’s, mostly staying on rpg forums(rip avidgamers and acornrack), neopets(too many petpages to count lol), doll sites(both the handrawn and cartoon!), webcomics(i miss eat kitties/asps ;m; but still keep up with like dmfa and am catching up on how to be a werewolf!), and then gaia online. i'm finally returning to my lost loves, and getting into pixel art and website making again!

[snip]

i love fairy tales, fantasy, role playing games(solo journaling, dnd, larp, etc), making friends(extroverts gotta extrovert), witchy stuff, clowns, ball jointed dolls, and aerial/circus arts, specifically lyra/aerial hoop. i've had to pause on that tho due to health reasons, but am excited to try it again at some point! i also just started going to the local society of creative anachronism meetings in my area-it's really fun, like historical reenactment but all at once? i've been learning illumination and middle ages fiber arts the past few times i've gone so far : D

[snip]
Hi Lettie!! I don't know you, but you are cooking with all of those hobbies!! I would love to see your visual art, fiber art work, and dolls if you are comfortable sharing! (When you say middle ages fiber arts, my mind thought of Nalebinding!! :wuv: ) Welcome to the forum!!! My own dolls also say hi ^_^

Also good luck finding a place to live in the future that fits your ideal lifestyle. I unfortunately don't live in a ~walkable~ area either, but I try to supplement with lots of natural walks and hikes!! :)
「ふうん、ニンゲンにしてはなかなかやるじゃない。…まなつ。」
「へへっ! ローラもめっちゃトロピカってる!」
「あたりまえでしょ。だって、私人魚だもの」
「もーっと一緒にトロピカってこー!」

ImageImage
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

faeraphim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:39 pm awww thank you so much! ;w; i love angels and i love fairies, so i combined them into the ultimate username xD;;

it's so much fun! they have them like all over the world, you might have one near you! https://sca.org/kingdom_lookup.html
omg, i love fairies and angels too! thats super smart tbh haha!! i checked out the site, it does seem super dope but sadly not much in my area but i will be on the lookout
faeraphim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:39 pm ahh~so i found the princess portal through a friend back in... 2008? ish?? we were both into lolita fashion, and her blog was really big in the community at the time(which was almost exclusively on livejournal). i used to read her blog almost religiously, lol-i was obsessed with princesses and fairytales, and loved her "princess lessons" section. it definitely had a huge influence on me! eventually, she launched another blog, the lost princess, which was much more of a poetic project, and then eventually the princess portal just redirected to her new blog-a really sad day, losing the archives. and then eventually, the lost princess disapeared too. sky has come out and said it was for personal reasons, which i totally get-she was super popular, and that's a lot of stress and pressure! but it is nice that it still exists in some way on the way back machine. <33 i remember there was one point when it randomly went back online for a day, and me and my friend were so excited to use it in its full functional form-i think the last post that was ever on there was on either a korean magazine or korean beauty product or something?? anyway, it will always hold a really special place in my heart. <333 thanks for asking, that was a lovely trip down memory lane! :uwu:
thank you so much for your recounting of your time with the princess portal! i didnt even know what lolita was in 2008 lol and even know i mostly like to look at it instead of wearing it but reading her blog is just so wholesome for some reason, it just oozes so much passion for her interests and hobbies. im generally super into personal blogs, especially those of the past atm haha. i do sometimes wonder what shes up to now but it makes sense that she would want some privacy.
faeraphim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:39 pm and ahhhhh thank youuuu!! posting it online is really new for me-i used to way back in the day, but only recently got brave enough to try again. i went to your website and am going through your art-you are so amazing!!! i love your style a lot, its super nice. i'm kind of obsessing over your moon mermaid picture for mermay 2022 day one-the character design is sooo cool!!
yes i totally get that, i didn post much even when i had an insta mostly because i cared what other people thought way too much... thats kind of why i like the personal web tho. you do post into the void for a while lol but sometimes someone will take the care and effort to write to you about how they enjoyed your art, site, writing etc.

ahhh thank you much!! tbh my site is a disaster atm and i am refurbishing it as we speak but its been on standby for so long lolol. i love mermaids!! thank you so much for appreciating her i also really enjoyed drawing her and coming up with her character and such haha!
ImageImageImage
faeraphim

Post by faeraphim »

AngelEyeSprings wrote:Hi Lettie!! I don't know you, but you are cooking with all of those hobbies!! I would love to see your visual art, fiber art work, and dolls if you are comfortable sharing! (When you say middle ages fiber arts, my mind thought of Nalebinding!! :wuv: ) Welcome to the forum!!! My own dolls also say hi ^_^
((fingers crossed i still remember how to quote in bbcode, lol)) yesssss-my favorite hobby is collecting hobbies, haha! i have a lot of my illustration on my website(tho i'm a little behind on getting everything on there)-this a page from my current sketchbook. <3

and i am so new to fiber arts! it's been really exciting-i've been given demos on like the card looms? and then i got to spin using a spindle of which name i have completely forgotten. :eek: can you tell i'm still new? xD i used to knit like waaaaaay back in the day, along with embroidery, so it's been fun getting back in from a different direction.

and ahhhhh! just looked up nalebinding, that looks so neat! it kind of reminds me of tatting but with a needle from what i'm seeing? def adding that to my list!

and ahhhh! your doll looks so cute! i'm like searching azone dolls and it's a whole world of it's own it seems! i have a very sadly neglected bobobie sprite, mature body, msd that i got waaaay back in the day. she's sorely in need of a new wigcap, new wig, new eye putty, new eyes.... she's just kind of chilling for now until i can afford to bring her back. here's an old photo i took back in the day after i got her!
AngelEyeSprings wrote:Also good luck finding a place to live in the future that fits your ideal lifestyle. I unfortunately don't live in a ~walkable~ area either, but I try to supplement with lots of natural walks and hikes!! :)
thank you! i'm super lucky in that there's a lot of free parks where i live, and while it's a bit of a hike, there are at least some places i can walk to-for example, it's about a half hour walk to the library, an hour walk downtown, etc. which is a whole lot more than when i lived in a more rural area.
humanfinny wrote:thank you so much for your recounting of your time with the princess portal! i didnt even know what lolita was in 2008 lol and even know i mostly like to look at it instead of wearing it but reading her blog is just so wholesome for some reason, it just oozes so much passion for her interests and hobbies. im generally super into personal blogs, especially those of the past atm haha. i do sometimes wonder what shes up to now but it makes sense that she would want some privacy.
IF YOU LIKE OLD BLOGS... i was definitely super obsessed back in the day! i read like 839753957 of them haha, mostly lolita ones! i went and tried looking up some i remember reading fondly-you might already know of a few of them, but figured better to share?? one i think about A LOT is la vida frills/magic a la mode-she introduced me to a lot of really cool media through her blog, like panna a netvor and the 80's beauty and the beast story. there's also lolita charm(could'nt find it on way back :cry: )/parfait doll-she ended up getting less personal more girl boss eventually, but you can find a lot of great blogs through hers as well. her lumpiness is another one i read a lot! it's funny, all my memories are of her blue layout, but it looks like even on the way back machine the oldest saved is that steampunk one, haha. moss garden was one i really liked because it showed a lot of different jfashions, mostly with that nature aesthetic. it got me super into natural kei! annnnd then i'll leave you with aesthetic lolita-it got removed and replaced with a completely different blogger at one point, so just be aware. this one was most definitely a personal blog over a lifestyle blog-i read it a lot in college and even commented a few times. <3
humanfinny wrote:yes i totally get that, i didn post much even when i had an insta mostly because i cared what other people thought way too much... thats kind of why i like the personal web tho. you do post into the void for a while lol but sometimes someone will take the care and effort to write to you about how they enjoyed your art, site, writing etc.

ahhh thank you much!! tbh my site is a disaster atm and i am refurbishing it as we speak but its been on standby for so long lolol. i love mermaids!! thank you so much for appreciating her i also really enjoyed drawing her and coming up with her character and such haha!
yessss i love posting into the void lol! it is a lot longer to see the payoff, but it all just feels a lot more special && intentional. plus you have so much more control over it too, which is a perk.

and it was at least functional enough for me to navigate! tho i did have to lol that clicking "good art" took me to a 404 page. :lol: i felt that in my soul, lololol. it reminded me of this comic. xD
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

faeraphim wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:46 pm IF YOU LIKE OLD BLOGS... i was definitely super obsessed back in the day! i read like 839753957 of them haha, mostly lolita ones! i went and tried looking up some i remember reading fondly-you might already know of a few of them, but figured better to share?? one i think about A LOT is la vida frills/magic a la mode-she introduced me to a lot of really cool media through her blog, like panna a netvor and the 80's beauty and the beast story. there's also lolita charm(could'nt find it on way back :cry: )/parfait doll-she ended up getting less personal more girl boss eventually, but you can find a lot of great blogs through hers as well. her lumpiness is another one i read a lot! it's funny, all my memories are of her blue layout, but it looks like even on the way back machine the oldest saved is that steampunk one, haha. moss garden was one i really liked because it showed a lot of different jfashions, mostly with that nature aesthetic. it got me super into natural kei! annnnd then i'll leave you with aesthetic lolita-it got removed and replaced with a completely different blogger at one point, so just be aware. this one was most definitely a personal blog over a lifestyle blog-i read it a lot in college and even commented a few times. <3
oh my god, what a treasure trove! Thank you for sharing these, I have something to read in my off time now haha!! I do love lolita blogs and mori kei blogs a lot :wuv:
faeraphim wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:46 pm yessss i love posting into the void lol! it is a lot longer to see the payoff, but it all just feels a lot more special && intentional. plus you have so much more control over it too, which is a perk.

and it was at least functional enough for me to navigate! tho i did have to lol that clicking "good art" took me to a 404 page. :lol: i felt that in my soul, lololol. it reminded me of this comic. xD
control is everything, everyone should be able to curate their online spaces tbh. even better when ur info isnt used to ads.

LOL, to be honest good art was supposed to be for my portfolio work but i totally forgot about it. everyone who stumbles on it gets a laugh out of that so i guess its an inside joke now haha. Lmao that comic strip is too true...
ImageImageImage