DSi camera edits + older image editors!

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
humanfinny
global moderator

Re: DSi camera edits + older image editors!

Post by humanfinny »

AngelEyeSprings wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:53 pm Omg I think I know what you're talking about! When you would having a matching Windows theme with the icons! AAA, do you remember how you customized your setup lol? :D I loved when people changed their computers like:
spoiler!
i ALWAYS wanted to make my desktop look like this but wasnt smart enough when i was still on XP or 7. I dont think its even possible on new windows or Im probably still not smart enough lmao...
AngelEyeSprings wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:53 pm Your age is very close to what mine is lol :D (Older?) zoomers unite! :P I remember Quizilla too! I remember lots of quizzes like "What color are you?" "Are you a bad student?" "What's your elemental sign?".... It kinda reminds me of an eariler version Buzzfeed quizzes I liked to take in high school lol
old zoomers lets go haha!! Omg those were so good, i really tried to make some quizzes in that vein but my ideas where so stupid... one of my quizzes was 'what cutlery are you?' like who wants to know this lololol???? I was also super into WWFFY/WWYFF (thats who would fall for you/who would you fall for), essentially the most barebones romance VN style quizzes with usually terrible grammar, some supernatural nonsense, the author randomly judging you if you are girly and generic anime boy pictures for the results. wattpad just dont hit the same the kids are missing out man...
AngelEyeSprings wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:53 pm I hope your sister is okay. That age was really rough for me too when I was younger, especially with making friends and fitting in. Kids can be cruel. I'm worried about Gen Alpha and younger Gen Z (?) consuming information constantly without ever thinking critically or thinking for themselves as a whole. I guess that's how Millennials probably saw us though? I think every public school should teach about marketing, advertising, group-think, and how social media works to kids... (But I also just bought an expensive, useless anime figure, so I can't get too high up on my soapbox lol)
she actually came back from school for the first time not mad lol. turns out during PE she got hit in the face with a ball and found it funny and started laughing and some girls joined it and they had a good time laughing about it. school is so rough. i have one good friend from high school who i still keep in touch with but my closest friends are def from uni. you are so right about informing kids about how ads and companies are now, i really wish they had a class about it and early on. i think we were probably the lucky few to not get ads tailored to us on the internet when we were kids, atleast they weren't accurate enough. I remember about 3 years ago i bought a book i got thru an ad online and i hated it so much i had some kind of self-intervention and got adblocker on EVERYTHING. i'm a firefox diehard so its pretty easy to maintain a totally ad-free space. i even have that thing that skips youtuber ad segments... basically my hatred for ads is thru the roof lol

the extract u posted is great... i wont lie that im nostalgic for malls but they were predatory too. i guess it was just easier to not fall for it, you could just leave the mall at the end of the day but your phones always on you.

no! the anime figurine makes you happy when u look at it, so its not useless haha, would you share a pic sometime?
AngelEyeSprings wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:53 pm What kind of flash game site did you play on? Outside of Neopets / Webkinz, I was on CoolMathGames, AmericanGirl's website, EngineeringGames (???), and somewhat on CartoonNetwork's website lol... Oh and Nickelodeon's website!
ALSO, apparently there's a website that has allll of these old flash games?! LINK EXAMPLE (I loved this game, and thought the background music was a bop!) I'm def adding this site to my links page
omg i loved so many flashgames... you could try install flashpoint and individually download your fave games if you want. i think its the best archive that we have so far. i actually thought of making a thread about flash games if we dont have one yet (my memory is so bad...)
ImageImageImage
mima

Post by mima »

I don't think I did much image editing when I was younger. I remember downloading an app on the family iPad (it might have been FaceTune or a knock-off) and me and my sister would edit our own selfies to try to make ourselves more "prettier". Slimming our face, making our eyes bigger, changing lip size, eye colour... Very dystopian and we did not need that at all.

A more recent one my friends used in high school was a Korean one called Snow. The default camera had a whitening and slimming effect to your face and I don't think you could remove it at all. It's South Korean after all. For a time it had a feature where you could take a photo of yourself and it would find which celebrity was your lookalike. I got Snoop Dogg...
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

mima wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:38 am I don't think I did much image editing when I was younger. I remember downloading an app on the family iPad (it might have been FaceTune or a knock-off) and me and my sister would edit our own selfies to try to make ourselves more "prettier". Slimming our face, making our eyes bigger, changing lip size, eye colour... Very dystopian and we did not need that at all.

A more recent one my friends used in high school was a Korean one called Snow. The default camera had a whitening and slimming effect to your face and I don't think you could remove it at all. It's South Korean after all. For a time it had a feature where you could take a photo of yourself and it would find which celebrity was your lookalike. I got Snoop Dogg...
i remember snow! i didnt have it but a friend did, i remember it had some fun filters like metal make up or smth. but yeah the whitening and slimming sucks... i have a xiaomi phone and its great but i had to literally dig for the off option for the face "prettyfying" effect. I never did a celebrity one but we were playing around with like "masculinizing" filters on snapchat once and all my friends looked like pretty ikemen and i just had a massive chad jaw lmao (they were giving BTS, i was giving nickelback :cry: :cry: :cry: )...
ImageImageImage
mima

Post by mima »

humanfinny wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:37 am i remember snow! i didnt have it but a friend did, i remember it had some fun filters like metal make up or smth. but yeah the whitening and slimming sucks... i have a xiaomi phone and its great but i had to literally dig for the off option for the face "prettyfying" effect. I never did a celebrity one but we were playing around with like "masculinizing" filters on snapchat once and all my friends looked like pretty ikemen and i just had a massive chad jaw lmao (they were giving BTS, i was giving nickelback :cry: :cry: :cry: )...
I think I remember the masculinizing one! I'm pretty sure we all got beards LMAO. I looked so bad. I don't remember much of the other filters because they used it for such a short time. LINE used to have some pretty cool filters too! There was a time where you could make your own avatar on it and I found it so fun. I redownloaded the app just over a year ago but I think the avatar feature went away and I haven't played around much with the camera.
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

mima wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:51 am I think I remember the masculinizing one! I'm pretty sure we all got beards LMAO. I looked so bad. I don't remember much of the other filters because they used it for such a short time. LINE used to have some pretty cool filters too! There was a time where you could make your own avatar on it and I found it so fun. I redownloaded the app just over a year ago but I think the avatar feature went away and I haven't played around much with the camera.
LOL! sucks when cool features are taken away, alas, nothing is forever...
ImageImageImage