RPG Maker games

What games are you playing? video games, board games, card games, internet games?
Lykoris

RPG Maker games

Post by Lykoris »

Seems like a suitable topic for a pixel art themed website.
Have you made any of your own? RPG Maker girls used to not be taken seriously but after the success of Fear & Hunger (which I'm a fan of) I think we might see a possible RPG Maker revival in the future. I, myself am thinking of creating my own RPG Maker adventure after finishing both F&H games, based on a dream I've had years ago.
NinAcTi0N

Re: RPG Maker games

Post by NinAcTi0N »

I wasn’t super into RPG Maker games, but some of my friends dragged me into the worlds of Yume Nikki and OFF. I think the simplistic charm of the engines really helps push towards more surreal storytelling, considering the possibilities with texturing, sounds, music and spriting.

I actually wanna make my own little RPG Maker project… I’m using the 2003 version for it ^^
Image Image Image Image
Vencake

Post by Vencake »

RPGM horror games are a special kind of genre. I've not played Fear & Hunger but I've seen parts of it. It seems a lot darker than most RPGM titles, so I'm glad it's broken through the market. It could've so easily been invisible.

My mind is thrown back to titles like IB, OFF (like above), The Witch's House, One Night, Ao Oni...anyone remember the Hetalia Ao Oni...? Lmao
ImageImageImage

AngelEyeSprings

Post by AngelEyeSprings »

I haven't played any RPG Maker games lately, but Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea has been on my list for a long time now... (I'm gonna play it as blind as possible :D)
「ふうん、ニンゲンにしてはなかなかやるじゃない。…まなつ。」
「へへっ! ローラもめっちゃトロピカってる!」
「あたりまえでしょ。だって、私人魚だもの」
「もーっと一緒にトロピカってこー!」

ImageImage
hors

Post by hors »

I've not heard of Fear & Hunger but I really enjoyed RPG Maker games when I was younger. Wadanohara was one of my favorites. I do kind of wonder why most of the stand-outs are horror, or at least thematically pretty dark? Is no one making really good generic RPGs?!