Stationery collections

Do you collect virtual pets? old cell phones? sea shells? fortunes? share with the class!
humanfinny
global moderator

Re: Stationery collections

Post by humanfinny »

wahh everyones collections are amazing!! the bookbindings by celeste are gorgeous!!! i had a bookbinding class that lasted a few weeks in uni, it was the best thing that semester. wish I still had a pic of mine haha

here's my way too many things collection:
i am a big enjoyer of stupid shiny pens and thought that these cute little guys on teh left would be perfect. Half of them are but the other half have strange colours... I have a tiny watercolour set as I hoped to do more painting on the go but I havent gone anywhere in a while lol. I also have way too many markers and highlighters but the lighter tones do get used a lot! color peps are a nostalgic purchase lol... I have bought them since I was a child and used to create personifications (gijinkas?) of each marker. it was a simpler time. my favourites are: the key pen, its so pretty!! and ofcourse my uniball pen, superior pen!!

i have a lot of sticker regrets, they sell them cheap here so i used to buy them willy nilly. Now i try to buy only those with characters I actually like or those that have some kind of practical use. i also have some washi tapes, my fave have to be the emo looking ones lol.

ever since very young I have been a notebook hoarder (fogive me paper papacy for i have sinned lmao). it is totally overkill but i do use all of these and some others (insane im aware). im such a sucker for notebooks that have cute layouts inside already. the blue on the top is a mid year planner with monthly and weekly spreads in a light blue and its small enough to carry around so I love it. the 100 things journal is from Flying Tiger and has you write down 100 dreams/wishes and how and when you will accomplish them. cheesy but i find stuff like that fun. the 5 year diary is just a book with five slots on every page, so that you write a short entry everyday for 5 years. i find this easier because i avoided journaling because i would end up writing pages and pages and become exhausted. then i have a general planner with a floral print. the last two are my study and project planners. its totally way too much but i find i can only concentrate on work when all my tasks are super categorized and separate from each other.

and last but not least! i found this at a thrift sale and it was totally unused!! the cutest little contact folder... im gonna have to ask you all for your info for my WITCH contact book lolol.

to answer floral-tears' question, I think I could let go of a bunch of stickers I have no use for and as soon as many highlighters and pens run out, its good riddance! I have a strange desire to buy pens that look cute and are shaped fun, like the key pen. as soon as my mid-year planner runs out i will be sprinting to Flying Tiger to get a new one!! though in general i wish i could by from independent shops or makers more and less from big stores but sadly i cant find what i need atm for a reasonable price...
ImageImageImage
mima

Post by mima »

I love your journal overkill finny! I wish I had the dedication to use 6 different journals. Right now I have one daily journal where I write about my day every night, and one school diary which I only intermittently use. My daily journal is just ruled - I like the freedom to write however much I want without being restricted to a page or a few lines per day. Sometimes I have a lot to say, sometimes I don't. My school journal is week-to-view where I write down school-related stuff I need to do. I've never been able to be consistent with it, but I still like having it around. I would love to buy the Hobonichi 5-year journal at the end of this year. It seems really fun!

I had a draft here that also answered floral-tears's question but completely forgot about it!
floral-tears wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:47 pm For everyone; what's one thing in your collection that will be an instant-replace the second it's done, and what's one thing that you will be ~so~ thankful to finally use up?
My daily journals! I started this habit over a year ago and now I need to buy new journals at least a month in advance. As for things I'll use up, probably my small array of colouring pencils, since I only have 4 colours (the rest disappeared somehow). I used to use them in combination with highlighters to just underline and highlight headings in my books, but now I don't even do that.
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

mima wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:11 pm I love your journal overkill finny! I wish I had the dedication to use 6 different journals. Right now I have one daily journal where I write about my day every night, and one school diary which I only intermittently use. My daily journal is just ruled - I like the freedom to write however much I want without being restricted to a page or a few lines per day. Sometimes I have a lot to say, sometimes I don't. My school journal is week-to-view where I write down school-related stuff I need to do. I've never been able to be consistent with it, but I still like having it around. I would love to buy the Hobonichi 5-year journal at the end of this year. It seems really fun!

I had a draft here that also answered floral-tears's question but completely forgot about it!
honestly your setup sounds so sane, i wish it were me lolol. i think journalling long form is so great, you really let it spill you know? maybe one day i'll get back to it. I also had a look at the Hobonichi and its actually a lot like the one i got from Tiger! but it looks much cooler!
mima wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:11 pm My daily journals! I started this habit over a year ago and now I need to buy new journals at least a month in advance. As for things I'll use up, probably my small array of colouring pencils, since I only have 4 colours (the rest disappeared somehow). I used to use them in combination with highlighters to just underline and highlight headings in my books, but now I don't even do that.
thats so great, imagine reading them all back a few years down the line!! im kind of sad i left my old diaries at my grandmas, not sure when i will be able to read them now. btw your sticker collection is so cute, do you have any favourite sanrio/cutesy characters? I really like Kuromi and Cinnamaroll (basic maybe but they r so cute) and Miffy or the Moomintrolls from non-Sanrio characters. Finland was heaven when I was studying there, we had a Moomin museum that was free to visit every first Tuesday of the month or smth in our town... we went there with friends like to church lmao.
ImageImageImage
mima

Post by mima »

humanfinny wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:18 pm honestly your setup sounds so sane, i wish it were me lolol. i think journalling long form is so great, you really let it spill you know? maybe one day i'll get back to it. I also had a look at the Hobonichi and its actually a lot like the one i got from Tiger! but it looks much cooler!
The Tiger one is cool too! The great thing about Hobonichi is that it uses Tomoe River paper, which is super thin but sturdy and fountain-pen friendly. I'll finally have a use for my fountain pen, but I'd have to wait until the end of the year, haha.
humanfinny wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:18 pm thats so great, imagine reading them all back a few years down the line!! im kind of sad i left my old diaries at my grandmas, not sure when i will be able to read them now. btw your sticker collection is so cute, do you have any favourite sanrio/cutesy characters? I really like Kuromi and Cinnamaroll (basic maybe but they r so cute) and Miffy or the Moomintrolls from non-Sanrio characters. Finland was heaven when I was studying there, we had a Moomin museum that was free to visit every first Tuesday of the month or smth in our town... we went there with friends like to church lmao.
I do read them back! It's only been a year so I don't get nostalgia lol but in the future it would be great to see how I've grown and changed as a person. Thank you! Honestly not really. I bought a bunch of other stickers for my friends from Japan and ended up keeping Tuxedosam and Kerokerokeroppi. The former is my favourite out of the two, I guess. Moomin is adorable, I remember being really shocked when I found out he wasn't Japanese! A Moomin museum would be so cute :cry:
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

mima wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:38 am The Tiger one is cool too! The great thing about Hobonichi is that it uses Tomoe River paper, which is super thin but sturdy and fountain-pen friendly. I'll finally have a use for my fountain pen, but I'd have to wait until the end of the year, haha.
that sounds super nice, im not too well versed in fountain pens but the strokes pros make are so gorgeous
mima wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:38 am I do read them back! It's only been a year so I don't get nostalgia lol but in the future it would be great to see how I've grown and changed as a person. Thank you! Honestly not really. I bought a bunch of other stickers for my friends from Japan and ended up keeping Tuxedosam and Kerokerokeroppi. The former is my favourite out of the two, I guess. Moomin is adorable, I remember being really shocked when I found out he wasn't Japanese! A Moomin museum would be so cute :cry:
finland is truly the japan of europe. im not sure what that means but for some reason it makes sense...
well, finland has much better work life balance i guess haha
ImageImageImage
jessica
global moderator

Post by jessica »

mine's a bit of a mess

here are just some of the stickers and notepads piled haphazardly on my bed :')

ImageImageImage
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

jessica wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:10 pm mine's a bit of a mess

here are just some of the stickers and notepads piled haphazardly on my bed :')
omg jessica these are too cute, i hope to collect this many cute stickers one day!!
ImageImageImage