Pastel Thread

Paintings, drawings, arts, crafts.. if it's not digital, it goes here.
jeith

Pastel Thread

Post by jeith »

I’ve been playing around with soft pastels over the weekend, and I’ve been really liking so far! Here’s my first pastel painting:

I’m still getting the hang of everything, but I love layering the colors and how easy it is to blend colors together! I was wondering if anyone here has tried oil or soft pastels, or if anyone has art they’d like to share using the medium :)
humanfinny
global moderator

Re: Pastel Thread

Post by humanfinny »

wahh! thats gorgeous jeith!! pastels are super hard, I especially love how the earth beneath the flowers turned out <3
ImageImageImage
AngelEyeSprings

Post by AngelEyeSprings »

This looks beautiful!! I love the pink-gray hills / earth against the blue sky.
Jeith PLEASEEE try oil pastels if you haven't already! They are like adult crayons lol, so creamy and fun to use! This makes me wanna dig up some very old oil pastels lol. I have some soft pastels I used to give muh doll a faceup and well...
「ふうん、ニンゲンにしてはなかなかやるじゃない。…まなつ。」
「へへっ! ローラもめっちゃトロピカってる!」
「あたりまえでしょ。だって、私人魚だもの」
「もーっと一緒にトロピカってこー!」

ImageImage
jeith

Post by jeith »

Thank you both so much! It was definitely harder than i expected it to be :P I did a purple/red underpainting with the pastels before adding all the greens and I think it made a huge difference!

I also want to try out oil pastels!! I love all the textures oil pastels can do and how it makes things look impressionist in a way. I kept coming across threads of people using soft pastels for dolls while looking for pastel resources, so cool!