Toys from The 90s and 2000s

Casual conversations, general off-topic chat.
MoonMoth

Re: Toys from The 90s and 2000s

Post by MoonMoth »

Deleted
Last edited by MoonMoth on Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CooperationIsKey

Post by CooperationIsKey »

MoonMoth wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:51 am These have such a reverse Transformer vibe to them! I would have loved these growing up
They were so cool! I loved them to pieces, they were some of my favorite toys for sure. :D
Image Image Image Image

(Avatar pixel doll by Osonio!)
jessica
global moderator

Post by jessica »

i have a massive pinterest board for oldschool toys because there is something so nostalgic and magical about them! i loved looking at all of these. for me, i was very big into polly pocket, my little ponies, 80s cartoon stuff, and i LOVED all of the weird tech gadgets of the 90s. we don't innovate with tech toys quite like we used to now, with everything being on a phone. rippp :cry:

i also loved going to the import store at the mall and admiring all of the anime toys my parents would never let me get, which are worth tons now ofc :oops:

ImageImageImage
Robyn
administrator

Post by Robyn »

jessica wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:02 pm i have a massive pinterest board for oldschool toys because there is something so nostalgic and magical about them! i loved looking at all of these. for me, i was very big into polly pocket, my little ponies, 80s cartoon stuff, and i LOVED all of the weird tech gadgets of the 90s. we don't innovate with tech toys quite like we used to now, with everything being on a phone. rippp :cry:

i also loved going to the import store at the mall and admiring all of the anime toys my parents would never let me get, which are worth tons now ofc :oops:
I love finding pictures of old toys that I totally forgot about on pinterest! please post as many as you want, I'd love to see them.

here are a few memories I recently unlocked:

Image Image Image

I also just found this website: https://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/
Image Image
jessica
global moderator

Post by jessica »

Robyn wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:06 am
jessica wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:02 pm i have a massive pinterest board for oldschool toys because there is something so nostalgic and magical about them! i loved looking at all of these. for me, i was very big into polly pocket, my little ponies, 80s cartoon stuff, and i LOVED all of the weird tech gadgets of the 90s. we don't innovate with tech toys quite like we used to now, with everything being on a phone. rippp :cry:

I love finding pictures of old toys that I totally forgot about on pinterest! please post as many as you want, I'd love to see them.

here are a few memories I recently unlocked:

Image Image Image

I also just found this website: https://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/
oh my gosh, the secret keepins!! i always wanted one. i had that paper flower making kit, i can still remember how it smelled! lol

i have a very small collection of old toys and tech i keep, which i'll photograph someday. but here are some others that i've remembered~

ImageImageImage
AngelEyeSprings

Post by AngelEyeSprings »

I played with mostly stuffed animals and liked to pretend make my own world as a kid^^ I also had Webkinz and some Neopets figures which may be of some interest to those in this thread :)
I had the Cybunny / Scorchio / Acara with the Onna / Babaa / Snorkle
jessica wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:02 pm -snip-
-snip-
All the magical girl toys :cry: :wuv:
「ふうん、ニンゲンにしてはなかなかやるじゃない。…まなつ。」
「へへっ! ローラもめっちゃトロピカってる!」
「あたりまえでしょ。だって、私人魚だもの」
「もーっと一緒にトロピカってこー!」

ImageImage
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

i cant remeber many toys from this period but somewhere in the early 2000s my mum bought me these dolls (in pink and blue) and I cannot stop thinking about them. can't find any info about them tho...

also had 1 disney fairies doll. I fucking loved the comics and books! really wish they were more prevalent but they seem kind of forgotten.

ImageImageImage
Ame

Post by Ame »

I have a really good memory, so if I dig my memories I can remember a lot of toys that I had. Some of them that I could find images:

That doll my grandma gave to me, it was so big that people would think it was a real baby and ask me if it was my baby brother (except that who would let a 6 year old kid carry a baby lol). My grandma liked it so much that she kept it when I stopped playing dolls (today my mom has it).

This doll was called Lu Patinadora (Skater Lu) and I don't know if she could actually skate because I only remember jumping the dog gate with her then falling down and smashing it to the floor lol (the doll was fine after that but one of her legs fell down and no one could fix it).

This doll was supposed to be a newborn baby, it was anatomically correct and had both a boy and a girl. I remember that my mom took me to the store and I chose the boy version, he had a diaper, a towel and a robe with a hoodie. I didn't like dolls in general but I quite liked him.

My auntie gave me this doll, and I don't know why but I hated her and would never played with it. The doll is from a Mexican telenovela called Carita de ángel.

This was a remote control robot dog that I really liked, he would bark and walk, and he eyes would light up. But one day my cat bite the cables and it stopped working :cry:

Another robot dog, it would jump and "bark" (it actually sounded like a squeak of a dog toy lol)

These were micropets, really tiny robot animals that would slide around, emit noises, move their tails and light up their eyes. I had the cat, Max. I still have it somewhere in the house.

Aquapets! I had this exact model (I forgot it's name). It would say "aaah" like it was waking up, dance and play a music and play bubble sounds. I really loved it and still can hear the music in my head :yes: but over time the water leaked and it didn't worked anymore :cry:

You could win these dog keychains in some snacks, I still have all of them and I use them as decoration in the xmas tree. They also had a phone charm version and cat phone charms (I have all of the cats).

This is a Bubble gum maker thing. I never understood how to use it properly but I loved it dearly :wuv: I still remember when my mom gave it to me in the xmas of 2001 or 2002: I was at the shower, and I heard my mom opening the front door while my brother made a different voice pretending to be Santa Claus, and when I finish my shower and went to the living the toy was on the sofa and I asked my mom about Santa and she said that he just left. I actually used this as an argument that Santa Claus was real with my class friends in the 3rd grade :lol:

Eliana is a tv show host, now she hosts variety shows for adults but when I was a little kid in the late 90s she had her own kids show called Eliana & Alegria (Eliana & Joy) and my mom said to me once that I would watch it a lot as a kid and that I said once that I wanted to live in her show lol
lostletters

Post by lostletters »

Does anyone play with tamagotchi? I'm really obsessed with them still. They just re-released an anniversary version of a model that came out 20 years ago, and I lined up for hours to get it in Tokyo. I had such a good time meeting other fans who are also fellow nostalgic adults that we quickly made an instagram group to coordinate a meetup in the future since those happen all the time in North America, but not really here in Japan.
Here's a photo I took with my friends with our newest tamas:
one of the fans I became friends with even made miniature nail deco of her favorite tamagotchi to match the one she has. You can see more photos here.
humanfinny
global moderator

Post by humanfinny »

lostletters wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:06 am Does anyone play with tamagotchi? I'm really obsessed with them still. They just re-released an anniversary version of a model that came out 20 years ago, and I lined up for hours to get it in Tokyo. I had such a good time meeting other fans who are also fellow nostalgic adults that we quickly made an instagram group to coordinate a meetup in the future since those happen all the time in North America, but not really here in Japan.
Here's a photo I took with my friends with our newest tamas:
one of the fans I became friends with even made miniature nail deco of her favorite tamagotchi to match the one she has. You can see more photos here.
i dont know if you need to see this but i thought you may appreciate this shitpost i drew for friends a few years ago lol
ImageImageImage